NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is going to be a downloadable section with everyones description of their car and the map that they are using? Could anyone send me any of their maps? Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
There was talk about doing this a while back, but do to liabilities it never happened...

·
Banned
284 Posts
You might be able to get someone ^^^^^^ to load a map for you, if you have big enough testes to send your expensive electronics to someone you don't know...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i can load it myself I was just wondering if i can get the file to do so. I just ordered my Power FC today with monkey wrenches base map but Id like to compare results between different maps until i have the money to get my vehicle dyno tuned.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i am asking. If i have the data kit with software cant people just export there maps and send the map file to me then I import it into my power fc?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
by data kit do you mean datalogic? as smaay said there were some liability issues.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i do mean the datalogic. It should be setup for Use at your own risk. Kind of like all of the other information on this board and all the how to's. If i use someone elses map i know its not for my car specifically and if i mess up my car then i know its my fault. Not the guy who helped me out.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
kylephoehn said:
You might be able to get someone ^^^^^^ to load a map for you, if you have big enough testes to send your expensive electronics to someone you don't know...
Just ask ringthree. His turnaround time runs about 5 weeks :chuckles:

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Originally posted by GripMotorsports
yes i do mean the datalogic. It should be setup for Use at your own risk. Kind of like all of the other information on this board and all the how to's. If i use someone elses map i know its not for my car specifically and if i mess up my car then i know its my fault. Not the guy who helped me out.
if only the world were that simple. Some fat a$$ made a crap load of money saying fast food places made him fat. ya just never can tell.

besides, how do you plan on testing results before you dyno tune? butt dyno is a bad way to go.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
seriously - you are asking for trouble just trying maps at random. A proper tune starting from a good basemap is the best way. Don't run your powerFC untill you can afford to tune it - its as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
not meaning any disrespect or lack of appreciation to anyone...

=> I think GripMotoSports didn't say anything about using the maps, but he just wanted to see others to learn something by comparing them to the MWR base map.

=> I can understand how some might not want to upload, but how can that stop this site from having that feature for those who do not mind? Unless the majority of those people own this site I guess...
But if someone is up to it, I suppose another site can be created for this purpose. But I think it just so happens that the people with the most experience tweaking the PFC are not willing to take the liability risk which I respect.

=> didn't Lucky, eh 00SilverGTS6spd say that he ran his 13.7 with 172 whp when the PFC wasn't tuned yet? Or was it tuned but not fully tuned?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
QTRMLR_1 said:
=> didn't Lucky, eh 00SilverGTS6spd say that he ran his 13.7 with 172 whp when the PFC wasn't tuned yet? Or was it tuned but not fully tuned?
It was tuned but not for that exact setup and not for the gas he had in it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
...actually on a quick reread of GripMotorSports posts I think it is unclear what he intends

he said load into the PFC but he may not realize this means the map will be used, not realizing he would/should be loading the map onto his laptop to be read by the Datalogit software for the purpose of analysis and comparison.

actually Boosted2.0, there would be another condition not to run your PFC according to the intentions of your statement: Don't run the PFC until you can get the unavailable Datalogit Software so that you can tune it with that software (assuming that most people wouldn't want to tune with the Commander).

·
Registered
430 Posts
How about posting screen shots

Hey how about posting screenshots. They illustrate the approach that people have taken to tune their cars, but they are in effect not a map that is loaded in a PFC. People can chose to absorb the information and tune their own cars the way they want, but in effect no tuned product (map) is offered. What do you think?

I really want to learn all I can on the PFC by reading materials, and the PFC tuning community needs this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts