1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
The most important part of the entire video and run is not even included in your story:laugh:

You know, the time and time slip? :chuckles:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
For the absolute best numbers on the GT-S you should be into 4th just before hitting the board. I'm guessing you were into the 15s? Props on having fun though.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
For the absolute best numbers on the GT-S you should be into 4th just before hitting the board. I'm guessing you were into the 15s? Props on having fun though.
It ALMOST seems like he takes off right around :59 and runs a 16? Hard to tell exactly where the finish line is.

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
It ALMOST seems like he takes off right around :59 and runs a 16? Hard to tell exactly where the finish line is.
I'm thinking high 16's maybe low 17's. He didn't get passed the board until 1:18 or so.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GT! No gts here :(

best time of the night was 17.44 with like .07 reaction time.

will post slips up later!

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
Reaction time means nothing unless you are bracket racing. Otherwise you need a lot of seat time to get better.

If you go back, rev to 3.5k, let the clutch grab and dump. It will also help to figure out which front wheel spins and lower the tire pressure to 20psi to help with traction.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Reaction time means nothing unless you are bracket racing. Otherwise you need a lot of seat time to get better.

If you go back, rev to 3.5k, let the clutch grab and dump. It will also help to figure out which front wheel spins and lower the tire pressure to 20psi to help with traction.
TECHNICALLY on an open differential BOTH wheels WILL spin if the ground is level. But most launch lanes are dug into from slicks that the car is always crooked:chuckles:

Lowering tire pressure on street tires is also almost always a negative.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
GT! No gts here :(

will post slips up later!
Ah, that explains why I wasn't hearing you drop out of lift :chuckles: and why you were getting to the end in 3rd.

Don't feel too bad, you'll need more practice. I have seen two GT run 17s at the track all night.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was also 97 degrees and pretty humid lol

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
Lowering tire pressure on street tires is also almost always a negative.
I've noticed that it helped me. I needed all the rubber on the pavement that I could. The Dayton tires I had were not exactly full of traction.

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
Something like that.

Dayton was the off-brand for Bridgestone/Firestone.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts