NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I pulled off my first 180 in the rain the other day... But I'm trying to find some more sites regarding drifting and using the E-Brake

If anyone has any referrals, I'd Appreciate it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2002GT_Celica said:
You can't drift in a FWD car, what you want to do is ass drag...completely different.
lol, he said ass

I think I'm addicted towards utilizing my E-Brake now...

Everytime I see that Clean, Hard Corner - I go for it. I'm still getting used to it though. Anybody have any cautions or warnings to gimme before I head out for spring break =)

Like how bad can I screw up my E-Brake by possibly warping the disc or Tearing up too much tread on my tires?

P.S. this gets alot better when you do suspension work on the car right? -Coilovers will reduce the sway effect while struts will help the rigidity of the chassis as a whole?

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
you might also pull a derek and wrap your car around a pole

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
po9i said:
you might also pull a derek and wrap your car around a pole
Ahh no no Neal, I'm not like doing this stuff anywhere downtown or anything- Just mostly out in open lots or places of fair elevation. However, I'd like to eventually get to the point where I can whip out the skillz if the situation calls for it.

Kind of like when people look at you and I and assume cuz we're asian we know KaA RaH Tay! But we keep it a secret that our skillz are actually genetically infused into us since birth...

I'm a "Humble Conservative Aggresive" Driver
:D And the skillz won't "open up a can" till somebody is hungery.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Well your gonna need to readjust your e-brake soon if you keep it up. The proper term is ass draging. Drifting does not happen in fwd cars unless you drive backwards.

If you really want to have fun and save your tires then go tray sliding.

Disclaimer: I'm not repsonsible for your actions.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
EzRidA said:
Well your gonna need to readjust your e-brake soon if you keep it up. The proper term is ass draging. Drifting does not happen in fwd cars unless you drive backwards.

Disclaimer: I'm not repsonsible for your actions.
:werd: Using the e-brake not only shortens tire life, it makes the e-brake a lot looser, and therefore much less effective. Believe me, I know from experience, but since I got my car serviced and they tightened it up again, I am having lots of fun. :burnout:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EzRidA said:
Ahh, I just did a search for this in general discussion. At first it didn't make sense to me- cuz I thought you'd just be driving "Over" the trays... But your actually locking down the -Ebrake over the trays - kinda giving you James bond Ski Slopes but on gravel. Sounds fun.

·
Registered
335 Posts
what you are gona do is fuk yo your tires and make a line down it so that every time you drive its gona bump bump, try tray slidign its much better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts