NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. so I had a broken lift bolt. And me being an idiot, I tried drilling it out by myself....

Anyways, teh drill bit snapped, and I think it may have landed in teh CYL head since I had teh valve cover off....


What kind of trouble am I looking at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
ek9max said:
ok. so I had a broken lift bolt. And me being an idiot, I tried drilling it out by myself....

Anyways, teh drill bit snapped, and I think it may have landed in teh CYL head since I had teh valve cover off....


What kind of trouble am I looking at?
your not looking to good right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,563 Posts
if you drove with the bit in it... not cool

if i was you i would take the head off and try to shake it out...If it don't come out then take the head appart...

its not that hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
emotart said:
if you drove with the bit in it... not cool

if i was you i would take the head off and try to shake it out...If it don't come out then take the head appart...

its not that hard.
See that's the problem. It was late at night. So I put it back together and went to bed. Then before I woke up, my GF took teh car to work.

So she's driven about 50 miles on it....... I think I'm screwed here. But the good news is tthat she said it drove fine.... And I drove it an dit's fine (aside from oil all over from me not putting the valve cover on right)

I even left the hood open. She closed it and took it to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,355 Posts
Depending on how big the broken piece was, it may have fallen into the oil pan, so you might as well change the oil and find out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
slidr said:
Depending on how big the broken piece was, it may have fallen into the oil pan, so you might as well change the oil and find out.

It was a bit the size of a pin, and as long as 1/2 inch.....

after the nba final game, I'm gonna drain the oil, take the valve cover off, and poke around with this magnet thingy I bought.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
Its probably down in the oil pan if it fell towards the back of the head. Next time you are going to change the oil get a tube of FIPG, drop the pan and find out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Boosted2.0 said:
Its probably down in the oil pan if it fell towards the back of the head. Next time you are going to change the oil get a tube of FIPG, drop the pan and find out.

it was in the back of the cyl head. Towards the firewall. So that is the best news I've heard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,074 Posts
side note** if it fell into the head is it possible to run out the exhaust? or no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I drained the oil and nothing came out. I got this specialty magnet tool, and I stuff it in teh oil pan to see if I can get the bit if it's in there.

Geuss what? The magnet portion came loose!!!! Now I have a magnet stuck to teh bottom of my oil pan. I'm not too worried (since it's string enough to come loose), and I think it'll stick in one spot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
I think you should stop working on your engine and take it to a shop from now on.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top