NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to drill a wheel with the 5x114 lug pattern? i want it to be drilled with 5x100 lug pattern to fit my toyta matrix. This is a racing hart C2 3piece wheel, im talking about. I dont care about the extra holes, cuase the center cap covers it up. Any thougths opinions?? any help would be great. =)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
happies713, I do not think that you can simply drill more holes in the wheels because there will probably be insufficient material between the new hole and the old hole. You can, however, get the old holes filled and drill new ones. It's pretty expensive to do that though.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
it can be done, and profesionally...bit questions about hub centricity etc might come up afterwards i wouldnt do it, but i know close friends that have done it....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Dont even think about it, a 2mm diff on radius you wouls have to mill it to elongate the holes, I think you would be much better off just getting new wheels. You could have it done by a shop, setting it up on a Bridgeport with a index head set for 5 hole bolt circle and mill the holes to achieve the correct bolt circle or on a CNC maching center, concetricity can be achieved no problem, but now you would have slots instead of chamfered holes, that actually center the wheel. I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay, i was talking about taking the wheels to get professionally drilled. im not drilling these myself, thats kinda crazy, im a DIY kinda guy, but not when it comes to wheels. humm.. i guess i gotta go talk to the peeps that are going to drill my wheels,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts