NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted here in months, but today's events at work prompted me to post this for some car enthusiasts and old friends here.

I drove the Ford GT (GT40) briefly today for a Powertrain NVH Sound Quality evaluation.

Remarkably nice sounding - I was surprised that the supercharger whine could be made so subdued.

Entering the car required a bit of contorting. But once in the seats are very comfortable.

Transmission shifting was very positive. The throws were not at all long, but not like an S2000, either. Reverse was difficult to engage at times as it's waaaaay over to the left.

Unbelievable steering feel. It feels so direct that it wiggles in the hand over small undulations and camber changes in the road. initial turn is quick, but not Ferrari 360 Stradale quick, but quick enough. Grip is astonishing as well. You feel as though you could lap all day in the thing - and I probably could.

Brakes? Absolutely Superb. Awesome feedback. Very direct. Very Porsche like.

Acceleration? Stupendous.

The car is so nice - even compared to the Ferrari 360 Modena, but just different - that I was constantly heel and toe downshifting when approaching slower traffic, stop lights, corners or periods of just coasting. On public roads it's just silly. People crowd you and gawk. The sound in 2nd gear 3,000 rpm makes one hair stand on end. And curl your toe and she flies.

Though I still abhor the thought of a supercharger on the engine, if I could afford it I'd purchase it.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts