NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Milesplume has a drive by wire 03 celica and he has it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats wird that greedy would tell me that it wont work. did milesplume and anjhae have to make some mod to the kit to make it work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,645 Posts
G
R
E
D
D
Y
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
I installed a Greddy kit on BgltUse's 03 DBW GTS a couple weeks ago - works just fine. 04 fitment may be different because of the air injection system though.

Anyways on the 03 we've had a few headaches with the tuning but we've just about got it sorted out and it was all minor stuff. I even posted a diagram showing how to wire the E-manage Ultimate up to the 03 ECU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,447 Posts
should work fine, I called greddy to verified when they were coming out and they said that fitment was not the issue. The problem was going to be the difference in ECU. But like Boosted2.0 said, he's already put up a wiring diagram showing the emanage to the ecu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,268 Posts
gigic78 said:
thats wird that greedy would tell me that it wont work. did milesplume and anjhae have to make some mod to the kit to make it work?
if you do a search i listed all the things you need extra to beable to put the kit on a DBW (04). As far as the air injection i just deleted the whole system.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
I installed a Greddy kit on BgltUse's 03 DBW GTS a couple weeks ago - works just fine. 04 fitment may be different because of the air injection system though.

Anyways on the 03 we've had a few headaches with the tuning but we've just about got it sorted out and it was all minor stuff. I even posted a diagram showing how to wire the E-manage Ultimate up to the 03 ECU.
so boosted, on the 03, u didnt have to move stuff around? it fits good and only issue is ecu?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
ya greddy told me that and iv since told them how half of the stuff on there s/c works...just get it...it works fine just no power fc but ull have the hydra if u want it...also even tho the emanage is overrided the s/c should still work decent because on the newer bigger injectors on the stock injector map make it run rich so ull not have to worry about it being overidden and it running rich ever!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
YOU KNOW YOU WANT THIS.

i have an 03 gts also, and their is a list on here that shows everything you need. if i remmember correctly you need around 1000.00 bucks more for some parts. gaskets, oilpan,.... just make sure you get everything first or you will be like me, looking at the charger in its box everyday, for about 2 months now just cuz i didnt get other parts, and no more money. :( it sucks when its so close , yet so far
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
2003CBGTS said:
so boosted, on the 03, u didnt have to move stuff around? it fits good and only issue is ecu?
Pretty much. You also will need to buy a new throttle body gasket for an 00-02 and 4 bolts to attach the throttle body but thats it.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
elcelicagts said:
YOU KNOW YOU WANT THIS.

i have an 03 gts also, and their is a list on here that shows everything you need. if i remmember correctly you need around 1000.00 bucks more for some parts. gaskets, oilpan,.... just make sure you get everything first or you will be like me, looking at the charger in its box everyday, for about 2 months now just cuz i didnt get other parts, and no more money. :( it sucks when its so close , yet so far
Dude - you need a gasket and 4 bolts and thats all...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,732 Posts
elcelicagts said:
YOU KNOW YOU WANT THIS.

i have an 03 gts also, and their is a list on here that shows everything you need. if i remmember correctly you need around 1000.00 bucks more for some parts. gaskets, oilpan,.... just make sure you get everything first or you will be like me, looking at the charger in its box everyday, for about 2 months now just cuz i didnt get other parts, and no more money. :( it sucks when its so close , yet so far
Wow ... I WANT THAT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
all i did was get the 4 bolts and i used no gasket i just silicone
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top