NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on here a little while ago about a place to get my stuff installed at. Well I wrote down all the places you suggested but I did not call any of them yet because I wanted to see about "The Drivers Image".

Well I called up Drivers Image in skokie. They said that they could install my springs and they could send my car down the street to another shop to do the rims and camberkit.

I just don't know if any of you have delt with them in the past. If they were any good or not.

Thanks for your help,
Justin

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think there's a range with them. I've had mostly (but not all) good experiences with them and would go back. However, others are less satisfied. Just speaking for myself, I'd go there and be confident in their work.

Mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
AMS knows there stuff, that is where I got my car tuned and they did an excellent job, I also have gone to Drivers Image they are not so good when it comes to tuning or working on customers cars. Plus their customer service sucks ass. If greg wasn't there or owner then I would go back to them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DaileyDog said:
What/Where/Who is AMS?

Mike
AMS MotorSports

It's 2442 E. Oakton St.
Arlington Heights, IL

(847)709-0530

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Bloody Penguin said:
They said that they could install my springs and they could send my car down the street to another shop to do the rims and camberkit.
Yes, that place would be Just Tires on Waukegan in Morton Grove...the same place I told you before. Do not give your money to Ricers Image. AMS is a good place. One of the owners was in my high school autos class :) I've talked to him and he knows his ****, unlike Greg at Ricers Image.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Drivers Image Install???

Jesse IL said:

Yes, that place would be Just Tires on Waukegan in Morton Grove...the same place I told you before. Do not give your money to Ricers Image. AMS is a good place. One of the owners was in my high school autos class :) I've talked to him and he knows his ****, unlike Greg at Ricers Image.
I called AMS MotorSports last night. They guy on the phone was very nice. Said he could install all my stuff except for my spoiler. But he never called me back with more info!! Maybe he lost my number or wrote it down wrong... ???

But I will try to call them again today...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Two people in the Camry crew has had problems with Driver's Image. They broke the ABS sensor while installing springs. Luckily the dealer covered it uner warranty, they are $300 each.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Installing a Type R spoiler on the RSX is not hard at all. It comes with a drill template so it is hard to messup. I installed one on Rich's RSX-X.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Camry2000 said:
Installing a Type R spoiler on the RSX is not hard at all. It comes with a drill template so it is hard to messup. I installed one on Rich's RSX-X.
Yeah that is what he told me... says you guys did a good job too.

I am not going to take my car to Drivers Image. I am just going to wait for AMS MotorSports to get back to me...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Rims
Tires
Springs
Camber Kit
Wing
---------------
$1927.81 just for the parts.

How much more are you going to spend to have them installed?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CelicaCat said:
Rims
Tires
Springs
Camber Kit
Wing
---------------
$1927.81 just for the parts.

How much more are you going to spend to have them installed?
They quoted me around $350. (For everything but the wing.)

Is that good or bad?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Bloody Penguin said:

They quoted me around $350. (For everything but the wing.)

Is that good or bad?
I thought it was going to cost more than that.

Can't wait to see it when she's all done :thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CelicaCat said:

I thought it was going to cost more than that.

Can't wait to see it when she's all done :thumbup:
Yeah I will post them up!!! I am having the work done on Wendsday. (3/26) !!!!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Are you guys sure of that address? I tried to find AMS today and drove on Oakton from Evanston until it ran out at the forest preserve and never saw it. Did I miss it?

Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts