NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in need of a new clutch. I have searched alot and I just need a few answers.
1. I am either getting the RPS Max street or the RPS max 6-puck. Which would you guys suggest? For now I only have basic bolt ons. I will be looking into either turbo or higher hp na in the near future (within clutch life). I know that I will never exceed the torque limits on either, but I'm wondering which would be better (i don't mind if it's not super streetable) Is the 6-puck worth the extra $100?
2. my next question is whether or not I should get a lighter weight flywheel. I have heard of some problems with lightweight flys with turbo. Is this something to worry about? Is the performance gain worth $350-450 or would my money be better spent on KYB AGX struts? If I do get a flywheel it will be either Fidanza or RPS. Of the two (mated with one of the clutches above) which would be a better choice? Again, is the RPS worth the extra $100 or so?
Thanks for you help!!!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has any info for me? I have been searching my butt off all day and I am still stuck on a few things. I am leaning towards RPS Max street and Fidanza flywheel. I think they will be a good combo and $200 some cheaper than the 6-puck/rps fly combo. The only other thing I need is the throughout bearing and flywheel bolts right? Does anyone have a part # for these two, At least the bolts?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I thought the bearing was included with the RPS clutches .. If not, I need to change it at the same time!! As for the vlots, I guess the stock ones will do it, Am I right??

I'd go the same setup as you said. I'm a bit affraid of 4/6 pucks clutch for drivability. Nothing too hardcore for me on this side .. RPS looks a great choice from the reviews ..

Fidanza flywheel for the best gains. It's the lightest. Seems a quality part, never heard of any fidanza flywheel exploded or something .. Expect the regular every dayy launch on the street to be more fency, the revs will jump pretty fast. I guess you need to get used to but I don't think that will be a big problem ..
This is all from what I read, never driven w/ one yet so ..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that's what I gathered too. Does the bearing come with the clutch? I know that the ACT clutches always show the bearing in the picture of what is included but the RPS don't and they never tell in the description one way or another. I was assuming that we just need to install new factory flywheel bolt but I'm not sure.
The biggest reason I decided against the 6-puck is because I think the Max Street will do everything I will ever need (we're never gonna have more than 330 ft-lb of torque!) and the extra, unneeded grip is not worth the extra $$$.
DanGT-S: Where are you ordering this combo from? I have found that MVP, and MWR have both of these and Suprastore and Intense motorsports have RPS and the Fidanza fly but they don't list the Max street...I'm sure they can get it though. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I have ordered from Matt at monkeywrench and he did a good job for me .. Very fast in this particular situation .. and he has it all in stock. Price seems good too ..

I also had pretty fast service w/ titan, suprastore and JSC but they couldn't help much .. since the fidanza flywheel is BO w/ hem for like 3 weeks ..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have decided to wait (maybe I'm not sure) to order the flywheel until later. I'm not sure whether or not I should put my money to it or something else. I won't install my clutch until sometime this winter but I'm going to order the clutch soon from MWR. What was your total price for the flywheel/clutch combo? Thanks. You'll have to give me a review as soon as you get them in.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
mtskibum16 said:
I have decided to wait (maybe I'm not sure) to order the flywheel until later. I'm not sure whether or not I should put my money to it or something else. I won't install my clutch until sometime this winter but I'm going to order the clutch soon from MWR. What was your total price for the flywheel/clutch combo? Thanks. You'll have to give me a review as soon as you get them in.
No prob for the review .. after the brake in period tho ..

I got the parts today BTW :) Total price was 831$ for both (same price as listed on their site but w/85$ of shipping added) Well, that 85$ was worth avoiding installation fees, so it was worth it IMO .. Shipping in 1 day has it's price ya know ..

EDIT : RPS clutch doesn't include the T/O bearing btw .. you'll need a new one from the dealer ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts