NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm new to autox and roadracing, but I intend to get into both. I have a 95 EG Coupe and just purchased a few parts to make it handle better.

(Pics of my car with rims http://psycheus.com/images/car...e.jpg)

I'm hoping this will get me a well handling car, also I'm going to be taking it to get cornerbalanced to Roger Kraus in Castro Valley, CA (510-552-5031).

A few friends (tacn it and a few others) and I are going to this Driving School Track Day and was wondering if anyone else lived around this area. I'm from SF Bay Area. Does anyone frequent this track?

Thanks!

--
Rick

http://www.thunderhill.com/htm....html

http://www.thunderhill.com/html/driving_school.html said:
Space Is Available For August 31st.

The Price For The One Day School is $225.00

*Click Here For Fast And Secure Online Registration*

Our School is a High Speed driving event on an FIA class road track with a licensed racing instructor. You drive, they teach. In 1.5 hours of lecture and track orientation, plus 5-20 minute high speed driving sessions, you'll learn and practice "line", threshold braking, car control, consistency and smoothness. You'll learn a few new things about yourself and your car and you'll acquire knowledge, experience and respect for the art of car control.
What you'll need
Licensed Drivers 16 years or older can attend (under 18 requires a minors release form)
Clean maintained street vehicle (OK to trailer)
Snell 85+ helmet (rental helmets available)
The standard belt that came with your car
All convertibles must be equipped with a "roll bar" that is above the drivers head. Vehicles with factory hoops, or pop up rollover systems are not allowed at this time.
$225 - includes lunch, Thunderhill T-Shirt.

The school
1. The HPDS is not a competition event.

2. Learn the basics of car control, first-hand from experienced road racers at non-racing speeds in a safe, closed course environment. 7/10ths maximum.

3. At no point should you go faster than you feel is comfortable.

4. At no point should you go faster than your instructor feels is comfortable.

5. There is nothing to prove. You will not set a lap record, and even if you did, nobody would know!

6. We are all here to have an enjoyable day, and to learn.

Insurance
Damage of any kind to your car is not covered by any insurance here at the track.

It is between you and your insurance company.

Track Insurance is liability only, typical of racetrack and racing event insurance.

When you arrive
1. Complete the registration process.

2. Complete the safety review of your car.

3. Secure your gear in your pit area.

4. Be at the 8:00 a.m. mandatory drivers meeting on time.

5. Make sure you have the packet you received when you checked in. There is a lot of valuable information in this packet, not to mention your schedule.

Important Information

The gas pumps will be open all day, You can serve yourself using credit or debit cards. Please do not run out of gas on the track! All profits derived from gas sales go to support the track.
Rental helmets are available for $25.00 at the track.
Students are divided into 3 groups, designated A, B & C. C students have prior track experience, and have been approved to advance by their instructors.
Each group has a group leader. This person will be in charge of his group, and will head up the groups download meetings.
A & B students will have an instructor in their car to observe driving skills, to instruct on new skills and to correct any unsafe or inappropriate techniques.
Instructors are not assigned to students but rather made available in the Pre-Grid (Staging) area. Some students find a certain instructor and choose to keep him/her throughout the day. Others find having different instructors valuable in order to get different inputs and ideas.
The Instructors are there to help you, make you feel at ease and to evaluate your performance. Our instructors are veteran racecar drivers, with many years of racing experience. Listen to what they tell you. Since you will be learning in the car you drive every day, the objective of this school is to teach you the car control skills you need to be a better, safer driver on the street. You will have an instructor in your car who will give you instant feedback. In most other schools, your instructor observes a group of students, and then speaks to them about his observations in a meeting later. We believe our one on one approach is a terrific benefit of the school.
What makes this possible is that our instructors are all volunteers. They instruct for the pure satisfaction of helping other people enjoy the sport they love. The biggest reward for most of our instructors is the satisfaction of seeing you learn new skills and making you welcome in our sport. Please let them know you appreciate their efforts.
It is necessary to have at least one instructor fill out your report card by days end. The evaluations they enter in your book are the basis of advancing from group A & B to group C.
When your instructor gets into your car
1. Introduce yourself and get to know your instructor by name.

2. Tell your instructor why you are here, what you want to learn.

3. Tell your instructor about any other on-track experience you have had.

4. Relax and remember the instructor is there to help you.

While on track remember
1. This is not a racing event.

2. Do not scare yourself. You will not learn while in "survival mode".

3. Do not scare you instructor. He/she cannot teach while in "survival mode".

4. If you scare your instructor, they will probably pull you off the track for a discussion. Since all A & B students must have an instructor, if none will ride with you, you may have trouble getting on the track.

5. Your instructor is not allowed to drive your car.

Under special circumstances, and with permission from the Head Instructor, Instructors may give rides in their cars after lunch during other sessions if there are enough instructors available. Three laps maximum.
In-between your on-track sessions seek out an instructor, check out the track map, and ask questions. It doesn

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.