NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some numbers with the new turbo, I also added HKS 272's and ARP head studs to go along with everyone else. I have two setups, 93 octance and 100 octane. On 93 it only makes about 300 to the ground but at 24psi on 100 octane it puts down 370 (a/f about 11.5). Before the cams and studs the car was quick at 16psi, but its a whole new experience at 24 pounds, I am still not use to the pull it has.

On to my first run against a V8. I was going to work earlier this morning, and I see a red C5 (all I could tell was an exhaust) ahead of me and to my delight turns takes the same entrance to the highway as me. He takes off normally and I slowly pass him, get over two lanes so I am on his left side now because traffic was in the right lane. I cruise along waiting for him to catch up, he does, I downshift to 3rd and hear him to the same. I hear him hit it and I instantly do the same, he barely gets a jump when I reel him in at the top of 3rd, shift to 4th going way to fast in a 45 zone, he lets off and I had to slow down for traffic. That was the last I saw of him, I bet he was none to pleased a little old 4cyl had him. If you were wondering I was running 22psi on 110.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice numbers. What turbo are you running and what is your full mod list?

Nice kill on the vette

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Garrett GT30R series w/ TIAL external, 780cc, AMS FMIC, TIAL BOV, S-AFC II, MBC, AEM UEGO, HKS 272's, ARP head studs, upgraded plugs and plug wires, Apexi N1 exhaust (3"), can't think of much more right now.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the car was converted to FWD where it was dyno'd to get the whp numbers.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
well then its actually not Putting down 370 right? because AWD puts down less than 2wd

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if it was FWD, then that is what it puts down, it is less in AWD, but still in that 335-350 range, which still is plenty of hp, but there is still some left with a new intake manifold and AEM EMS. I am still running stock bottom end, just the ARP head studs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts