NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some weird reason my e-brake/hand-brake light wont go out on the instrument panel. It's really annoying seeing a red exclamation mark when I drive!!

Any ideas? My first instance is to check the in-cabin fuse panel (fuse number 30?) but I can't find my fuse puller so it looks like I'll have to wait till the weeked to check that.

Any other suggestions as to why it's just on all the time?

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhhh, that's a very plausible explanation and I just checked as soon as I read it...but the fluid is up to the 'max' marker on the brake reservoir (and the engine is also cold, so it's a valid reading)

any other ideas?

For what it's worth, my abs hasn't been working since I got my car back from the workshop.

·
HSD + VVTL-i = 53X
817 Posts
ahhhh, that's a very plausible explanation and I just checked as soon as I read it...but the fluid is up to the 'max' marker on the brake reservoir (and the engine is also cold, so it's a valid reading)

any other ideas?

For what it's worth, my abs hasn't been working since I got my car back from the workshop.
it could be that something is disconnected or your sensor for your brake fluid is stuck...:wiggle:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Seeing how your ABS hasn't been working, it's most likely something to do with your whole brake set-up. Try bleeding all the calipers and check for leaks and then check sensors.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I checked the brake level and it looked fine...maximum, infact. The sensor seems plugged in fully. The braking of the car feels the same.

Could there maybe be a fuse that might trip this light off? Perhaps even another thing like the handbrake itself?

I spent 2 hours this morning carefully reading thought the repair manual and couldn't find anything worthwhile that might point me in the right direction, apart from the brake fluid being low, which you guys have already pointed out to me :(

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any idea which fuse I'm looking for ?? :confused: :(

Isn't there another way to do a diagnostic on the abs code without a scanner? I have no money at the moment to get a code check (most places charge approx $120 for a readout)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an ABS light and e brake light on. The ABS light came on a long time ago and the e brake light came on long after the ABS light came on. I checked the fluid and its fine. I pulled off the center console and cleaned and checked the handbrake switch. Theswitch is fine and its getting current. All fuses are good. Now what???

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,635 Posts
Not sure on a NATO ECM. But, there is a way on an US ECM to read the ABS codes by shorting two terminals on the OBD connector.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,635 Posts
Pg DI-276 in Vol. 1 of the Service Manual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts