NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
the ebay cai is the best for our cars. Don't let fear keep you from getting a better part. If you want I'll see if I can find the user I got mine from..and let ya know who it is.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was reading in the last Turbo Tuner magazine about intakes and it said not to trust such sights like eBay for intake purchases. you'll never know if it's legit stuff. the magazine said things about how some places could end up selling you a false filter which will eventually mess up your engine. you always got to go through an actual distributor for parts, granted it could cost just a little bit more. ;p

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
YaNg^_^GuY said:
I was reading in the last Turbo Tuner magazine about intakes and it said not to trust such sights like eBay for intake purchases. you'll never know if it's legit stuff. the magazine said things about how some places could end up selling you a false filter which will eventually mess up your engine. you always got to go through an actual distributor for parts, granted it could cost just a little bit more. ;p

you can go with that if you want....but I go with experience. And the ebay cai is the best. I wouldn't buy real performance parts on there unless they were from a legit company or reseller. But there isn't much to a CAI and most of the people on this site will tell you that it is the best one a person could get for their celi

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Ebay CAI's rule. I got a short ram and a cold air for $22.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Jus make sure to really clean it first most cheap companies might not care to get all the small shards of metal left behind from cutting, sanding, ect. or any other type of debris.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Intake mod

What's up ya'll, big newbie here, I just bought a 2002 GTS 4 spd auto. From the link I just read off of this thread it's basically saying any intake that doesn't have a 2.5" tube or isn't run through the modified stock fitting with the MAFS still in it is actually decreasing your performance because the sensor isn't reading the airflow properly? What about those little electric blower units that attach to the intake that claim even larger HP gains than regular CAI's? Also, why do so many intakes have larger ( 2.75"-3" ) tubing if it's so bad for the car's performance? You'd think they would know that, or are they just cheap manufacturers going on a bigger is better theory? Obviously this is all subject to opinion but let's face it there are sellers of these "cheap" Ebay intakes that have impeccable feedback ratings, meaning that the people who buy the product are very happy with them. I have no personal experience with this stuff yet, but just based on what I'm reading there's nothing wrong with spending a little less cash. :newbie: As long as you are willing to make the neccessary changes to get the cheaper component to work properly, if possible.... :crazy2: :cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I installed an e-bay cai with the AEM dryflow filter a few weeks ago. It's doing great. Throttle response is awesome, decent power improvement and sounds awesome! It was definately worth it!!! Oh and BTW I don't have a CEL or anything after about a month after install. I was going to create a thread but I didn't get around to it. I have an 05 GT...

Here's the CAI I got off of ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...0QQihZ019QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the AEM dryflow synthetic filter I got:
http://www.speedtechnique.com/21202dk-dryflow-filter-assy-short-neck-p-16504.html

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
patesgt said:
I installed an e-bay cai with the AEM dryflow filter a few weeks ago. It's doing great. Throttle response is awesome, decent power improvement and sounds awesome! It was definately worth it!!! Oh and BTW I don't have a CEL or anything after about a month after install. I was going to create a thread but I didn't get around to it. I have an 05 GT...

Here's the CAI I got off of ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...0QQihZ019QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the AEM dryflow synthetic filter I got:
http://www.speedtechnique.com/21202dk-dryflow-filter-assy-short-neck-p-16504.html
Thanks man, I geuss the best solution is to get the eBay tubing and the AEM filter.. Did you have any problems swapping the eBay filter wityh the AEM?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
YaNg^_^GuY said:
why do you suppose magazines say something like that?? cause if they don't and endorse ebay intakes, where do you think their ads from aem, injen, etc are going to go?? some other magazines of course...

·
Registered
167 Posts
all i can say is, you get what you paid for. ebay stuff do not have research and development done to the products. this is what i know, you can buy a generic cai from ebay but it is not heat restricted painted nor material is not heat restricted. it will atract heat and all your intake manifold is doing is sucking in hot air. aem and injen and other known name has been R/D and proven to help you car perform better and hp gain. i don't see ebay product doing this, do you. from a aem and injen cai, i will go with a injen. but i have an aem.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts