NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after 4 days of waiting for a over due intake to come in the mail we finally got it today! Well it delievered to my house so wen i told my buddy tat it came in he rushed over here to get it installed! He bought a BOMZ CAI for 45 bux on ebay for his Celica GTS! Ok here is how it went, it took us a bit to get everything off and man u guys got a lot of gizmos all over! Well we got that taken car off we try to figure out how it would fit! Well it look like we had to cut some of the fender well off, So i jacked up the car took off the wheel then the fender wells(real easy)! fited the intake on and cut the fender well to give it some room! well we got the map sensor on, but i did it carefully because ppl tell me tat they get a lot of cel light from that because it leaks or something so i teflon taped it! Well we got all the sensors, plugs and tubes in! jacked the car down started up the engine warmed it up and it seemed pretty good! Then finally after a few minutes of warming it up and checking if the cel light comes up we gave it a test spin! he drove it out of the block ok he said there might be a little bit loss of low end, but once he hit the freeway and hit lift he said he felt it pull much harder and it was also louder! Well i can now say it was a complete success, no cel light no nothing but HP gain at higher rpms for 45 bux! He also said it was the best best 45 bux he ever spent! =)

Probably some helpful Tips:

use teflon tape on the map sensor!

Much easier to take off the wheel well then the bumper, also easier to cut the wheel well wen its out!!

Notes:

Noticed a lot of things are suppose to be left unpluged!

I LUV zip ties!

difficulty:

2/10 Lots of bitchwork! time spent looking for dropped screws and getting air box unplugged and out!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
:werd:
I have the Nakayama CAI from eBay, which is the same as the BOMZ, but with yellow tubing. It took 3 trips into lift for the engine to fully learn the new airflow characteristics. I know there was a considerable gain in low end power, so ask how your friend's car is performing after a day or two.

You might also want to tell him to get the K&N filter cleaning kit. It has oil you need to spray on the filter to help it keep dirt and dust out of the engine.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well im goin to head toward the track tonight and also hope he dont flake so he can really test it out! For putting the intake on for free aleast u can do is come to the track wit me and run it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts