NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have anyone here have experience from buying a body kit through ebay? how is the fitment and the quality and all?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I think it's a hit or miss situation. From what I know, some people get some decent kits and others get some pretty crappy ones. I guess it depends on your luck. I'm sure most will agree when I say you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I got a lip kit off EBAY. WW style. It took a little work to get it to fit perfect but I'm anal about fitment. Fits great but I had to have the edges fit flush to the body that's the little work I was talking about. It's made of urethane.
hpsport or something like that. 400.00 shipped if I remember right. Some pics are in my gallery.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
DURASPANK said:
I got a lip kit off EBAY. WW style. It took a little work to get it to fit perfect but I'm anal about fitment. Fits great but I had to have the edges fit flush to the body that's the little work I was talking about. It's made of urethane.
hpsport or something like that. 400.00 shipped if I remember right. Some pics are in my gallery.
Why would you pay $400 shipped for a fake WW? I got mine for just over $400 shipped, and that was authentic. :shrugs:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I wouldn't buy a fake kit if I were you, unless you personally know people who have had great experiences with them. Spend a week scouring the internet for deals on the kit you want, and you'll probably find them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i bout the WW kit off ebay like 6 months ago and it fit perfect... i only have the sides on my car now but everything fit really good.... It was the fake one

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Beast said:
DURASPANK said:
Why would you pay $400 shipped for a fake WW? I got mine for just over $400 shipped, and that was authentic. :shrugs:
Where from? I too wish to ride the WW bandwagon :D

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Beast said:
DURASPANK said:
I don't know if it was fake or authentic. How could you tell? It fit nice I'm just anal about things being perfect. Guess it comes from being a painter for so many years.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
^^the key word is 'WW style and most on ebay are knockoffs anyway

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
BHam00GT-S said:
^^the key word is 'WW style and most on ebay are knockoffs anyway
Oh well?? Daughter is slowly tearing it off the car anyway. Glad I didn't spend the money on OEM stuff.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
DURASPANK said:
Oh well?? Daughter is slowly tearing it off the car anyway. Glad I didn't spend the money on OEM stuff.
Well as soon as I clicked submit reply she calls. Front lip smashed/torn off. Side skirt skint/gouged from front to back. I think I'm gonna kick her a$$ till her nose bleeds

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
it doesn't really depend on eBay. it depends on the seller and the company who made the body kit. for example, i got a full WingsWest kit for $399 shipped to my door. it was a genuine urethane part from the real company. but most kits you see on there are knock offs and are fiberglass. try to run across some auctions where the seller has a genuine part, and also check feedback religiously. most are crap, but there are some good products and good deals out there to be found. good luck!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
INJENcelicaGTS said:
i dont think i would ever let a female drive my car.
It's not mine it's hers. I just bought it and we fixed it for her senior project.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
You get what you pay for for the most part. If a price seems very low for a lot of stuff, 99% of the time what you're going to get it crap. I see tons of terrible eBay bodykits on riced out cars every day. Ftment is teriible, all the corners of everything crack...

I bought a carbon fiber hood from eBay that was about $200 less than buying a hood from anywhere else. Its not bad, but you can definitely tell it isn't as nice as say buying a Seibon authentic hood.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts