NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it was this mornin....i was on my way to class on Interstate 95....i was chillin doin abt 65-70 mph in 6th gear and then i saw a silver Eclipse movin in n out of traffic..i hate it when drivers do that thinkin they are fast and stuff. He caught up to me and stopped and i looked over and he looked. He start revin his engine. I laughed. he dipped and i saw his back, it was a GT...i know he got exhaust maybe intake too but not sure....anyways i waited til traffice clear out.....we dipped from 50mph and i was in 3rd gear....by 4th gear i had abt 1.5 cars and by like 5th gear..i had him but abt 3 cars....i shut it down after that cuz my exit was next...the eclipse guy passed me and shaked his head.:D

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
werd is bond KID!... YO wErD to YO motha!...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
hey manny.. im going to Philly in like 2 months, i challenge YOU... Celica GT vs. 350z (no launch,giving you 2 car handicap, shifting at 6000rpm *redline is at 6600*) to 110mph... what ya say?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
hey manny.. im going to Philly in like 2 months, i challenge YOU... Celica GT vs. 350z (no launch,giving you 2 car handicap, shifting at 6000rpm *redline is at 6600*) to 110mph... what ya say?
Ill race you all out. :)

I fyou do come you can stay in my place. No problem.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
lets get a 3way race goin... :)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Ill race you all out. :)

I fyou do come you can stay in my place. No problem.
stop changing your aim sn haha

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by Kuz
hmmm... ok.. how about STi instead.. from a dig.. kuz gets a 3 car handicap and manny gets 6 (he'll need that much.. cause he's slow and he girly shifts)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Kuz
sure

Originally posted by Kuz
stop changing your aim sn haha
I shalln't

hmmm... ok.. how about STi instead.. from a dig.. kuz gets a 3 car handicap and manny gets 6 (he'll need that much.. cause he's slow and he girly shifts)
and because i have 140 HP vs a 180 Vs a 300

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
sure

I shalln't

and because i have 140 HP vs a 180 Vs a 300

and you shift like a girl...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
scared the 350 will have a challenge? ;) j/k

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
hahahaha, giving you a 3 car lead would have us kinda even.. till 100+ where i will start walking.. that'd be a bad ass race.. we'll see

·
Registered
154 Posts
ItLooksFast said:
well it was this mornin....i was on my way to class on Interstate 95....i was chillin doin abt 65-70 mph in 6th gear and then i saw a silver Eclipse movin in n out of traffic..i hate it when drivers do that thinkin they are fast and stuff. He caught up to me and stopped and i looked over and he looked. He start revin his engine. I laughed. he dipped and i saw his back, it was a GT...i know he got exhaust maybe intake too but not sure....anyways i waited til traffice clear out.....we dipped from 50mph and i was in 3rd gear....by 4th gear i had abt 1.5 cars and by like 5th gear..i had him but abt 3 cars....i shut it down after that cuz my exit was next...the eclipse guy passed me and shaked his head.:D
Either you are heavily modded or the Eclipse Driver doesnt have a clue. Race me and the out come will be the opposite, I guarintee it.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
Either you are heavily modded or the Eclipse Driver doesnt have a clue. Race me and the out come will be the opposite, I guarintee it.

a GTS definately has a better topend than the eclipse, regardless of how close they are in the 1/4.

·
Registered
154 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
a GTS definately has a better topend than the eclipse, regardless of how close they are in the 1/4.
No it doesnt, the Eclipse bottom line puts down more power. 20hp more for the Eclipse GT and 30 more hp for the Eclipse GTS. The V6 in the Eclipse does not fade out in power in the upper rpms, it pulls like a bitch all the way to redline, especially the GTS because it has the dual intake runners which allows for better air flow in the higher rpms. Even car and driver disagrees with you, I have a particular article where they did a comparo involving a Celica GTS, Honda Prelude, Integra GSR, Mercury Couger, Volswagon Jetta, Subaru impreza and a Eclipse GT. Guess what??? the eclipse out did them all to 100mph and to 120mph, at 120 Mph the Eclipse was about 4 sec ahead of the Celica GTS.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
No it doesnt, the Eclipse bottom line puts down more power. 20hp more for the Eclipse GT and 30 more hp for the Eclipse GTS. The V6 in the Eclipse does not fade out in power in the upper rpms, it pulls like a bitch all the way to redline, especially the GTS because it has the dual intake runners which allows for better air flow in the higher rpms. Even car and driver disagrees with you, I have a particular article where they did a comparo involving a Celica GTS, Honda Prelude, Integra GSR, Mercury Couger, Volswagon Jetta, Subaru impreza and a Eclipse GT. Guess what??? the eclipse out did them all to 100mph and to 120mph, at 120 Mph the Eclipse was about 4 sec ahead of the Celica GTS.
car and driver also got a 15.6 in a GT-S.

it has 210 HP but about 500 more lbs. Now you cant tell me power to weight ratio is "no factor".

I wish someone from you area could run with you man.

Off topic a lil but, Have you seen that vid around of the Turbo 3g GS Versus an SRT4 to a 150 MPH?

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.