NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys,
I'm a long time lurker in these forums, and drive a 2001 Corolla RunX Z, kinda like the matrix but not.

It has the same 2zz-ge engine and 6spd C60 Gearbox, but I just need to check whether or not we have some different pins etc with the factory ECU/EMS.

For a start mine sits in the left foot well, where the peddle box would be located if it were LHD, which I understand is an entirely different placement to yours, which from reading is based in the engine bay?

Anyway, the partnumber on mine is 89666-12260, is that similar to you guys ones, or am I looking at having to figure out all the wiring myself?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I know that the Australian delivered (South African made) Sportivo requires repinning to use the Celica PFC, if thats what your asking. I would assume that the Japanese made ones need it done too since Brashboy make an (expensive) PFC for the JDM Runx.

·
Registered
418 Posts
NZ/OZ celica has a different ECU pin out i would believe.

cos i tried the NZ ecu on a JDM celica. wouldn't turn over.

yup, the ecu for celica is in the engine bay. weird place if you ask me. hot like hell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys... I now have the engine manual and ECU pinout for the Japanese Celica(ECU in the left/passenger foot well incidentally), and it looks to be remarkably the same as mine... albeit not quite.

Once I figure it out, I'll post a pic or two of it incase others come here to find it like I did.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Gravel said:
IIRC it has its own cool air feed pipe from the main radiator fans!
speaking on that tube. does it feed or pull air out?

if it feed air... wouldn't all the water vapor be alittle harmful to all the circuits?

·
Registered
131 Posts
barryogen said:
thanks guys... I now have the engine manual and ECU pinout for the Japanese Celica(ECU in the left/passenger foot well incidentally), and it looks to be remarkably the same as mine... albeit not quite.

Once I figure it out, I'll post a pic or two of it incase others come here to find it like I did.
Hmmm ..... the JDM Celica's ECU is in the engine bay, not the footwell. I know mine is for sure, as well the other JDM Celica's I have seen. To my knowkledge, no 2000+ Celica has the ECU in the footwell.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
On my 2003 UK RHD car, the ECU is in the engine bay, on the left, infront of a slimline battery, but there is a Denso box with a massive wiring loom in the passenger footwell - I think it's just part of the alarm system. :shrugs:

·
Registered
85 Posts

So did you? I need it now if you have it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts