NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hola, tengo mi celica 2zzge gts mt 01 184 hp EEUU, pero tengo que reemplazar el motor y tengo un motor 2zzge jdm 192hp, la pregunta es si puedo cambiar la ECU a Jdm y mantener la electronica de EEUU. Solo cambiar ECU

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think he has a 1zz and picked up a 2zz. Wants to know what ecu to find..

I don’t even guess at understanding.. but I caught the ‘hola’. My daughter likes Dora tha splora

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ermmm i dont think thats right. Theres two different specs for the gts engine depending on the location. Theres the Tsport tuned to 190 and gts tuned to 180. Im not sure the difference but... there is 1. Seeing as he listed both the 2zz specs id assume he has the 180 wanting the 190 ecu or know the difference in the tune...

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ermmm i dont think thats right. Theres two different specs for the gts engine depending on the location. Theres the Tsport tuned to 190 and gts tuned to 180. Im not sure the difference but... there is 1. Seeing as he listed both the 2zz specs id assume he has the 180 wanting the 190 ecu or know the difference in the tune...

2000 GTS Turbo
Hola, tengo un gts EEUU 2zzge y voy a cambiar por un 2zzge jdm y quiero mantener la electronica EEUU y solo cambiar ECU

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,637 Posts
It appears that he is swapping his USDM 2ZZ for a JDM 2ZZ engine and wants to/can he swap to the JDM ECU. Why change it?
¿Por qué cambiar la ECU?

·
Registered
124 Posts
he is looking for the power bump, of 12hp.... ignition and timining ??? I'm no expert.... seeking some Elise power I'm guessing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[QUOTE = "2way, publicación: 6338501, miembro: 20010"]
Parece que está cambiando su USDM 2ZZ por un motor JDM 2ZZ y quiere / puede cambiar a la ECU JDM. ¿Por qué cambiarlo?
¿Por qué cambiar la ECU?
[/CITAR]
USDM 184 CV
JDM 192HP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[QUOTE = "blackdemon_tt, publicación: 6338503, miembro: 13465097"]
busca el golpe de potencia, de 12hp .... encendido y cronometraje ??? No soy un experto ... estoy buscando algo de poder Elise, supongo.
[/CITAR]
Tienen distinta configuración interna la ECU JDM

·
Registered
518 Posts
I assume his version of the forum is automaticly converting to spanish based on the post he quoted, while were hitting a language barrier. I dont even hav anyone who speaks spanish to assist me here. Sorry m8

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok.. from the insides of that let’s guess.. Usdm 184... might be the 03 rev limited ecu.. 191 jdm be the 2001 ecu.

I guess this because I think Oz only had 191 hp and no different rev limits

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Solo quiero saber, si la ECU de USMD es igual a la ECU de JDM, para hacer el cambio,
[QUOTE = "mxaustin, publicación: 6338507, miembro: 13468317"]
Supongo que su versión del foro se está convirtiendo automáticamente al español según la publicación que citó, mientras chocaban con la barrera del idioma. Ni siquiera tengo a nadie que hable español para ayudarme aquí. Lo siento m8

2000 GTS Turbo
[/CITAR]
Ok.. from the insides of that let’s guess.. Usdm 184... might be the 03 rev limited ecu.. 191 jdm be the 2001 ecu.

I guess this because I think Oz only had 191 hp and no different rev limits
I just want to know, if the USMD ECU is equal to the JDM ECU, in order to make the change,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I assume his version of the forum is automaticly converting to spanish based on the post he quoted, while were hitting a language barrier. I dont even hav anyone who speaks spanish to assist me here. Sorry m8

2000 GTS Turbo
I just want to know, if the USMD ECU is equal to the JDM ECU, in order to make the change,

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok cool thanks,

there seem to be 2 ecu for the US cars..early 99-01 and late ..02-05. Others will correct this. The earlier ecu has the rpm limit at 8500 and later at 8200rpm.
Oz cars have 191hp claimed and 8500 cut out so ...

To answer your question I would suggest you want a US. Early ecu.

·
15,637 Posts
You should be able to use the JDM ECU. However, there are some other differences. The JDM is speed limited to 112Mph/180Kph. It also uses JOBD, not OBDII, for diagnostics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hola, tengo mi celica 2zzge gts mt 01 184 hp EEUU, pero tengo que reemplazar el motor y tengo un motor 2zzge jdm 192hp, la pregunta es si puedo cambiar la ECU a Jdm y mantener la electronica de EEUU. Solo cambiar ECU
Sorry my spanish is not so good, but if i am understanding correctly you want to know if your ecu can be reprogrammed with the better horsepower calibration of the jdm spec?

If i was right then Yes. There are tuners who can change the programming of your ecu.
you should not have to replace the ecu you currently have.
ecu es mismo yo creo.

·
15,637 Posts
There are tuners who can change the programming of your ecu.
The OEM ECUs are hardcoded. This is why there are a number of different ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The OEM ECUs are hardcoded. This is why there are a number of different ones.
Not quite sure what you mean here. There are multiple ones but it doesn't have to do with them being hardcoded. And though the Toyota ECU is hard to break, it has been broken and can be tuned by multiple people, including R9K. Of course, there's always a standalone ECU, as well.
Or maybe, I'm just completely misunderstanding you. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts