NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Electromagnetic Wave :-h
The 7th Gen ECU is non-flashable. That's one of the reasons for multiple ones, along with market/region-specific requirements. R9K offers no services for it other than a standalone replacement.
R9K Tuned said:
馃摙
馃摙
馃摙
馃摙
Important Reflash Information so please READ before sending a email or PM.
馃摙
馃摙
馃摙
馃摙

I get asked this a lot, so might as well make a small FAQ to answer questions:
Q: Can you reflash a Celica GTS (any year)?
A: No, we can't reflash those ECU's.
Q: Can you reflash the 03-04 Matrix XRS?
A: No, we can't reflash those ECU's.
Q: Can you reflash the UK Corolla ECU's?
A: As far as I've seen no. The ECU's are similar to the Celica GTS which I can't reflash. This includes the newer 2005 ECU's I've seen.
Q: What are the ECU's that are reflashable for the 2zz-ge?
A: 89661-02C50 or 89661-02F80 (Found in the 05-06 Corolla/Matrix XRS)
Q: Can I install a 05-06 XRS ECU in my "insert car here" and reflash that?
A: Technically yes, but you would need to install the complete harness off a 05-06 Corolla/Matrix and the complete immobilizer system including key cylinder and key to make it work.
Q: I have a Celica GTS or 03-04 XRS, what can I do to tune my car?
A: Go standalone. Depending on budget you have options such as the Apexi Power FC and AEM EMS4 as well as other more expensive ECU options.

Registered
The 7th Gen ECU is non-flashable. That's one of the reasons for multiple ones, along with market/region-specific requirements. R9K offers no services for it other than a standalone replacement.
Yeah, I know that. And I get what you're saying, now. It was just the way it was worded previously. Combined with the fact I have an 03 Vibe GT and an 03 Celica GTS and it all gets a bit mixed up. haha

21 - 23 of 23 Posts