NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I have mine on the manifold where all 4 pipe come together.
The closer to the engine exhaust the more accurate reading.
I would trust the people who is doing your turbo to do this for ya, afterall if something goes wrong their rep will go bad.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong isn't EGT also know as Pyrometer? Doesn't that Pyrometer hints that it keeps track of temperature after fuel is detonated which means it is monitoring exhaust coming from the engine? Which means it has nothing to do with air turbo is sucking in or pushing out, besides name a turbo that sucks or push temperature at worse case 1600 degrees F :D Because most EGT gauges reads around 1600 degrees F.
Neways it should be on the turbo manifold where the exhaust comes out of the engine, if you use 1 probe then put it in the come together of the 4 pipes this way if something bad happens to a cylinder thats not the hottest of the 4 cylinder you would know about it still.
Again I am not trying to go against 143hawaii comment but I think this way it is safer because you are monitoring all 4 cylinder instead of that 1 hottest cylinder just incase god forbid something bad happens to other cylinder not just that 1 hottest cylinder.
If you want to monitor all 4 pipes get 4 probes and 4 gauges and you can keep watch all 4 cylinders :)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
turbo making that much heat without having any kind of explosion? wow I did not expect that from a turbo :) All I would expect is the exhaust coming off the engine, but then the exhaust is spinning the turbo so I guess its possible for it to be that hot. However turbo compressing air to the engine does get that hot (can't be the air pre turbo because its sucking in air from the environment)? did not realize that I guess intercooler is totally recommanded then :)

Damn I have the autometer EGT gauge and probe :( I guess if it gets sucked in I have to get new probe and new turbo (maybe time to upgrade to T28?) but have not happened yet (knock on wood) :)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Bryan H said:
your fuel rail flows from drivers side to passenger side if im not mistaken

now with that said, the cylinder{reference 4 for this exercise} will run the richest
the leanest cylinder {number 1 for refernce} will ru the leanest

most of the time you have a knock sensor in the block located by the number 3 cylinder. most of the time, not all the time.
put the probe BEFORE the turbo in the number 1 cylinder exhaust runner.
it runs the leanest. it will go before any other ones will.

Very good explaination and makes sense. Thank you :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.