514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone found this a long time ago.

it is in www.luck.co.jp

Do you think it will produce any gains?

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
from what i've been told a bigger tb will give gains similar to an exhaust, a jump at cam switchover, and little before or after...i guess it all adds up

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
wow.. i'm so delerious from lack of sleep that i tried lookin around w/out a translator... I DON'T KNOW JAPANESE! yeah.. i need sleep

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
come on guys i need some opinions on this. this is the performance section u should all be happy about the big throttle bodies!! ; )

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Dimitri said:
come on guys i need some opinions on this. this is the performance section u should all be happy about the big throttle bodies!! ; )
I'd be happier if you could give me a link to a place in I could order it from, perferably one that speaks english and is in the U.S.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wAr. See above. You can order it online from their web-site.

It is not very expensive and the throttle body looks excellent in quality. It must be the stock intake kit only with a larger body.

What do you think the gains will be with I/E/H mods? I would say maybe 5 hp?

Will it if the pipes of aftermarket intakes though?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm trying to translate it with babel fish (which has almost always worked in the past) and it won't work with this site, does anyone have another translation site that will work with this site?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am having the same problem.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Dimitri said:
wAr. See above. You can order it online from their web-site.

It is not very expensive and the throttle body looks excellent in quality. It must be the stock intake kit only with a larger body.

What do you think the gains will be with I/E/H mods? I would say maybe 5 hp?

Will it if the pipes of aftermarket intakes though?
not very expensive???? 59800 yen works out to 510 usd + shipping + duty

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
510 is not expensive for similar gains with an exhaust. Besides there is not much else we can do besides pulleys/flywheel/intake/exhaust/header. this is a new alternative.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there is another page. see above. i am sure there is one for the 2zz ge.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yeah, I think that if you still had the stock air box and such you would see big gains, with a cia, sure but not as extreme. If you don't have exhaust don't even worry about it. I say, get cia and exhauts, then try it for a few ponies. I know on big domestics that larger throttle boddies help alot. I am not sure how restrictive the celi throttle body is

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
any increase in tB size will net you some gain's but not a huge differance.I did one on my Avenger from 52mm to 60mm and I noticed a nice improvement in throttle response.Not worth the 500 bux though. A good shop should be able to bore out and polish our's for about 100 bux unless it is at it's max allready,I doubt that though.~Bradley

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Avenge2c said:
any increase in tB size will net you some gain's but not a huge differance.I did one on my Avenger from 52mm to 60mm and I noticed a nice improvement in throttle response.Not worth the 500 bux though. A good shop should be able to bore out and polish our's for about 100 bux unless it is at it's max allready,I doubt that though.~Bradley
Yeah, a long time ago, I got my stock throttle-body bored out a little (only about 3.8 mm) on my GT-S. I don't think I could have gone much bigger than that without seriously compromising it's structural integrity. When I was n/a, it made almost NO difference (maybe 1-2 hp). However, my bored out throttle-body probably played a small part in my pretty decent dyno numbers once I got my turbo kit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts