NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone suggest a good brand for an electric exhaust cut-out?
and for those with a cut out, is their any problems you've come across?
thanks

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I've heard some leak. ask "badceli" about his bad experience.

But this is what this one company, Street Pro, says about their electric exhaust cutout:
http://www.streetpro.us/index.html

"Excellent sealing of valve when closed. Our linear actuator 'forces' the valve closed with 130 lbs of force and then holds it closed with 65 lbs of continuous force even after power is removed. This ensures the best seal possible in a cutout."
---------

I looked on ebay, and there are some with just the valve which you have to weld to a cutout you buy separately. I might try the Street Pro one since it's all put together.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
that one looks like ass! you want the one that MWR sells by QTP i think

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
looks like ass, ha! just remember that these tend to be illegal in most states. damn i wish i had 10k for smaays ride...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i understand that they are illegal im not really worried about that.
but i have done further research and it seems i shouldnt bother as I'm N/A and most things i have heard say that i should really be turboed

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well, it lets you be quiet and then go unbolted, kind of, when you want. The electronic ones seem like more work then they are worth. I have a bolt-up type cut-out and I love it. It takes me 30 seconds to go from bolted to unbolted, again kind-of. I still have the weight but the reduction in restriction and increase in noise are still there like unbolted, but I am only 30 seconds away from being civil and killing highway drone.

The QTP one's do look gorgeous, but noone really sees under your car. If it works it works.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
is there still a benefit to this if ur n/a or is it just not worth the cost??
It gives you the gain of unbolting the exhaust and removing the cat (assuming you put it before the cat).

The gains are small compared to the gains rendered if you were to do the mod to a car with forced induction.

However, there are still gains to be made.

But good luck passing inspection, because in most (if not all) states, exhaust cut-outs are illegal.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah if i were to get one im not worried about legal matters
does anyone know about leakage and what not?

BTW hotshot2101 your celica is sexy

·
Registered
824 Posts
What? In most states you have to get an inspection to get your tags renewed
during smog in wa all they check is you wat ur ecu says via ob2 and they dont look underneath, all im worried is about leaks, kinda interested in this thing myself

BTW hotshot2101 your celica is sexy
thx i took my a while to track down all the parts, i have trd front and sides, and tsunami rear and spoiler, and custom red paint.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
But good luck passing inspection, because in most (if not all) states, exhaust cut-outs are illegal.
maybe, but the smog tech, even in CA, never looks under your car. It's too low to see anything anyways, and they don't jack it up. The tech just does the obd-II, looks at the engine bay, and puts a sniffer in the pipe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.