NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am trying to help a friend of mine program an eManage Blue. However, we cannot seem to be able to connect it to a computer because the USB output of the eManage Blue is not the same as the standard USB output of most USB devices; it has the same shape with the USB input of a computer.

Do we need a special cable in order to connect the eManage Blue to a computer? If so, where can we purchase that from? If not, what kind of cable should we ask from our local computer shop?

Thanks in advance!

G.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Original Greddy cable was a serial (PC side) and USB like (Emanage side) cable, but it was never a real USB cable. I have two Emanage Blue cables for sale, real USB on PC side (with some electronics) and USB like for Emanage. They work, I've used them before. PM me if interested.

There is some tutorial how to make them from Nokia cables though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
cable

Original Greddy cable was a serial (PC side) and USB like (Emanage side) cable, but it was never a real USB cable. I have two Emanage Blue cables for sale, real USB on PC side (with some electronics) and USB like for Emanage. They work, I've used them before. PM me if interested.

There is some tutorial how to make them from Nokia cables though.
mate i want a cable if you've still got it? how much did you want shipped to uk plz. thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well the usb port on the emanage blue is not a true usb interface, the port on the EMB is a TTL module with a usb female plug. The original cable is just an RS232 to TTL converter, that means that you plug the emanage to a serial DB9 port. I have build many cables for the EMB, if you have some soldering skills i could give you the diagrams and you could built your own cable for around $8. If your laptop no longer support a serial DB9 port you will have to use a usb-serial adapter with the DIY cable.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
mate i want a cable if you've still got it? how much did you want shipped to uk plz. thanks
I have that at home, but will take 2 weeks until I get back there. Can you wait till then?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, can u send me the diagrams to build my own emanage cable? what components are needed?

also, how much are u selling the usb-usb cable, shipped to Malaysia?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’ve been trying for years now to get my Emanage to work, or at least to connect it to the PC.
I’ve tried USB to TTL, and RS232 to TTL, I got them tested working on Hyper Terminal.

I don’t know what else I can do. I hope it’s not the emanage blue that I bought it used. There is something that I’m doing “different” that I hope it is the cause: I don’t have the emanage connected to a car, I’m using a Power supply 12v 1A DC, connected to the Power and ground cables of connector 1, this is the only “strange” thing I’m doing. When I give it power both active (green) and Interaction (orange) lights turn on, Non-blinking.

With the usb PL2303 HXA, when I connect it to the emanage, the Active light turns on for some seconds (without giving power to the emanage). Something that does not occur with the RS232, I guess because the RS232 +5v receives power in order to work, and the USB does the opposite, it gives power, which I find it odd because all tutorials USB or RS232 say connect positive to positive, but I think this is an important difference.

Any help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts