NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an emanage blue, and i was considering switching to the emanage ultimate since i heard its FAR superior and way more accurate with our ****ty ecu's. do i need to rewire the wires leading into the ecu? or can i use the same cables? can i also use the same support tool. i would love to just be able to plug it in my setup that i have now. I have the injector harness also, ya think that would just be a quick swap, no more soldering?

my other question is, i heard that it has a wideband function where it sets up a map for you by reading your wideband. Will any wideband a/f setup work? im thinking about either picking up the 300 aem setup from monkeywrench or buying my friends setup, i think it starts with a p, i forgot the brand, long day at work.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
carboncelicagt said:
I currently have an emanage blue, and i was considering switching to the emanage ultimate since i heard its FAR superior and way more accurate with our ****ty ecu's. do i need to rewire the wires leading into the ecu? or can i use the same cables? can i also use the same support tool. i would love to just be able to plug it in my setup that i have now. I have the injector harness also, ya think that would just be a quick swap, no more soldering?

my other question is, i heard that it has a wideband function where it sets up a map for you by reading your wideband. Will any wideband a/f setup work? im thinking about either picking up the 300 aem setup from monkeywrench or buying my friends setup, i think it starts with a p, i forgot the brand, long day at work.

thanks in advance

This might help you - looks like a straight swap :)

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ultimate/features/index.html

The support tool is new, but I believe it comes with the Ultimate anyway - and it just uses a standard USB cable to connect to your laptop :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
I just did this.

technically you can just plug in your injector and ignition harnesses and it will work, but its not the best way to do it.

you should buy the 3rd harness which gives you acess to water temp tuning, intake temp tuning, IACV tuning, and cam and crank monitoring of ignition timing.

The big reason for getting the third harness and changing the wiring on your old harness though, is that there is a fundamental difference in the way the ultimate and the blue process injector signals.

The blue simply plugs into the stock injector wires and adds injector pulse width when necessary by extending the stock pulse. The ultimate can be used to intercept the signal and completely control the injectors. This is good for a few reasons:

1) it allows you to both add and subtract fuel, as opposed to the blue which can only add fuel

2) it allows you to disable any speed limitors (not important) or fuel cuts and continue to tune the car at RPMs over the stock redline.

To do this you will need to change you injector wiring on the harness you have

Air/fuel monitoring and auto tune:

It works! It will take any wideband signal (0-5V) and you just have to program in the A/F value at 0V and 5V

I use the auto-tune map so that every time I go to WOT the emanage checks to see that me A/F is right at 12.0 and if its not it alters the map to correct for any errors. This is nice since stock ECU has a way of moving things around over time.

Oh... and you can sell your old support tool since hte emanage uses a standard USB cable and has much more advance software (ie printer cable)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks much for the info, im going to make the move next month.

·
Registered
903 Posts
celica225 said:
can we rise the REv limiter to 8400 RPM with E-manage Ultimate ?
yes. It'll take some work to tune & figure out, but it can continue to run the injectors after the fuel cut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts