NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother said he'll do my brakes for me since he just changed his own a few minutes ago. it's obvious he didnt know how to do mine and disconnected the flexible hose that connects to the caliber. now when i press my brakes, theres no pressure. he drained the fluid and i have no idea what kind of fluid it is. i need help right now! please respond someone! is it brake fluid? i dont know!!

-dan

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
:rofl: [Cameron]Rooney, Calm Down![/Cameron]

DOT3 or DOT4 Brake Fluid, you can buy it anywhere even Walmart.

You need to bleed the brakes. It will go much quicker if you purchase a MityVac from an autoparts store.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
now you've learned your lesson. never let a novice work on brakes, cuz you could end up something like Miguel's kitty.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Get it bled by a shop. If you can't change brake pads without losing all the fluid, you'll probably have a problem with bleeding the brakes.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Originally posted by marcus_GTS
Get it bled by a shop. If you can't change brake pads without losing all the fluid, you'll probably have a problem with bleeding the brakes.
You don't lose any fluid when you just change the pads.

Unless you change the lines (or are an idiot) you will not lose any fluid by just taking off the caliper.

However it is a good idea to bleed the brakes when you change the pads.

You do not need to take it to a shop, it is easy. If you have 2 people you can do it the manual way, or you can just use a mityvac and have the job done in about 5 min per wheel.

·
Registered
225 Posts
MISTER 2 said:
You don't lose any fluid when you just change the pads.

Unless you change the lines (or are an idiot) you will not lose any fluid by just taking off the caliper.
That's my point. In the original post, he says his brother accidentally disconnected the flex hose and lost fluid while changing pads. If that is the level of knowledge and skill, it is best to leave anything safety related to a shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts