NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what a 17" Eneki RS-5 weighs?

I'm leaning towards ordering some 5Zigen's but just wanted to make sure that the rims I have now arent that much heavier..

thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is it really worth paying the extra money to get a wheel that is a couple pounds lighter....
I am seriously considering getting the Enkei RS5 I like the way they look, and I really like the price

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not real sure what the stock rims weigh.. i have enkei rs-5's now.. i'd offer to sell them cheap but i dropped one of them the other day.. nothing major some small scratching.. debating powder coating them ... then trying to sell

·
Registered
247 Posts
What rims you looking at getting now, I was gonna get the RS5's because they are lower in price and they look great...

If you can recommend another set I will check them out

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
30,262 Posts
dexthageek said:
Is it really worth paying the extra money to get a wheel that is a couple pounds lighter....
Yes. I don't know the whole equation, but it said that rotational weight (wheels, tires, brake rotors) is actually 4x normal weight. So, the 2 extra lbs per wheel (8 lbs stationary), is actually 8 lbs. (2 lbs per wheel x 4 wheels x 4 rotational weight = 32lbs total). The lighter the wheel, the better, no matter how small a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.