NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
License to Speed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In stock celicas, there is a black plastic cover on the left side of the engine bay next to the engine block, and widens out towards the front of the car. What is that covering? I'm afraid to take it off.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It's just a cover to make the engine bay look cleaner. Tons of people don't even have that cover on. Under it is just some random stuff like windshield wiper fluid, power steering fluid, cruise control, probably some more that I'm forgetting. The only issue when taking it off is that it's held down with rivets which are a pain to take out and you might lose or break a few but you can replace them for like $0.50 each at Toyota.

·
License to Speed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's just a cover to make the engine bay look cleaner. Tons of people don't even have that cover on. Under it is just some random stuff like windshield wiper fluid, power steering fluid, cruise control, probably some more that I'm forgetting. The only issue when taking it off is that it's held down with rivets which are a pain to take out and you might lose or break a few but you can replace them for like $0.50 each at Toyota.
I think I might paint it. My celica is red, and I'm thinking a gold color to match my intake manifold piping (is that what you call those 4 pipes?) and my gold TRD oil cap.

·
License to Speed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks man, but neither of those could answer my question. i feel kinda stupid because i know how an engine works and i know what most of the parts are/for/do and this one thing just is slipping my mind. I wanna call them intake ports but those are where the air goes into the cylinders, i guess these are just pipes for transporting the air to the ports.

·
Registered
114 Posts
thanks man, but neither of those could answer my question. i feel kinda stupid because i know how an engine works and i know what most of the parts are/for/do and this one thing just is slipping my mind. I wanna call them intake ports but those are where the air goes into the cylinders, i guess these are just pipes for transporting the air to the ports.
Runners.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts