NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a few days ago my engine check light show up. I took my car to the local Auto Zone to see what is wrong. I got a Idel Control System Malfunction error. I was lazy and didnt' want to take it to the dealership and now the engine check light is gone. Should i still take it to the dealership to have it check out or am i in the clear. What do u guys think i should do?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Its gonna come back...the code is still saved to the ECU. reset the ecu and if it comes back post up the code so we can help you better

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The code is P0505 - Idle control system malfunction

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is defiantly a newb question but how do you go about reseting the ecu? Ive always wondered that

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just drive around for a few days and it should reset, i think.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
tomaco said:
Just drive around for a few days and it should reset, i think.
hahaha, biggest noob comment i've ever read. Ya you pull some fuse to reset the ecu. I have a obd2 scanner so i use that to reset my ecu. I connect the obd2 scanner, push one button and it resets, takes less than two seconds. How i used to do it on my old civic, i unplug the battery and let it sit for a day. replug the battery and start the car, let it warm up for 5 minutes and drive it.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,528 Posts
Pull the EFI fuse in the large fusebox under the hood for a couple of minutes... the time varies by MY. Make sure the electrical connector to the IAC valve is on tight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see ur also a simpson fan..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts