NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, i got my engine head out and im thinking to take the head to a maching chop to reduce the head and i dont know if that is going to give me more horsepower by doing that so if some one have done it let me know. thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you mean shave the head, which is taking metal off the base of the head to increase compression, no it wont do anything for you and will probably end up causing damage.

A valve job couldn't hurt, but it wont help any either. Port matching the intake is rumored to help a little, but no one has posted dynos yet to prove it.

Why did you take the head off anyway?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I MISS FROM 3 TO 4 AND LAND IT ON 2 AND I BENT THE VALVE AND TOYOTA IS NOT COVERING ON THE WARRANTY SO IM FIXING IT MY SELF AND BY THE WAY YES I MEAN SHAVE THE HEAD, SO PATICULAR IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HEAD TO INCREASE THE HP

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
cell2001 said:
I MISS FROM 3 TO 4 AND LAND IT ON 2 AND I BENT THE VALVE AND TOYOTA IS NOT COVERING ON THE WARRANTY SO IM FIXING IT MY SELF AND BY THE WAY YES I MEAN SHAVE THE HEAD, SO PATICULAR IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HEAD TO INCREASE THE HP
By shaving the head you increase the compression of the engine giving more HP. With the 2zz engine (GT-S) the compression is already at 11.5 to 1 so I don't recomend increasing the compression any more otherwise you might have engine problems due to the higher compression and you might have to run higher octane (race fuel or octane adative) fuel in order to drive it with out detonation.

·
Registered
609 Posts
just a thought...dont you think you should have thought about all this BEFORE you removed the head?:confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i remove the head because i bent the valves and i did the work on my engine my self, so i din't know if some one shave the head on this car and by the way my is a gt, and today i finish puting the engine back together.

analogvoid.. si hablo espanol.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a head that has been ported and polished already. I will sell it to you if you want it. It has good valves and springs. I will sell it for $650.00 with your old head. PM me and let me know. I have done mine that I have on my car and it was a spare. It flows a lot better and it is worth it. i gained over 40hp from it.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
You have any proof that you gained 40 hp? Thats a nice gain if you did. Not trying to start anything. :D

Slava

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I dont think I would ever Mill another head down to raise compression WITHOUT having the ability to adjust the cam timing back to origional specs(via. Adjustable cam gears). When milling the head and bringing the cams closer to the crank, you effectivley retard the cam timing. But with our VVT we cant do that unless we reprogram the ECU somehow. And i have to call :bs: on the 40HP gain on JUST headwork. I wouldnt doubt it IF you had done headwork along with cams,Cam Gears, oversized valves, new valvetrain, hi-comp pistons, ported intake manifold, and some kind of Programmable engine Management. But just on headwork...c'mon man...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
junkyard i dont need a head, my is fine now with the new valves, and i dont think you can get 40 horse power by ported and polished the head, thanks anyway,

analogvoid.. yo vivo en tampa.

·
Registered
164 Posts
before you start the enigine make sure that the valves are adjusted properly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts