NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my 2000 Celica GTS has had an engine knocking for a while now. it only happens after the engine is hot and at idle. the RPMs are really low they are close the first line on gauges. the check engine light keeps coming on and it says that it is a random misfire code P0300. i put in some NGK spark plugs in it, could hat cause something like that to happen? i know its hard to say what can be causing it because a engine knocking could be almost anything i just would like to know if anyone has had the same problem or if they may know what can be the problem.

MORE INFO
I also forgot to say that when it is making the knocking sound at idle and I give it some gas up to around 1000-1500 rpms the noise goes away.

·
GTS Turbo
1,111 Posts
It sounds like it could be a bad injector or coil pack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ill try those out hopefully that helps. Also something I forgot to say was that when I give it gas the knocking noise goes away

after like 1000-1500 rpms

·
DA General
688 Posts
the engine will make Knocking sounds if there is a misfire. check, plugs and coils. make sure the threading where the plugs screw into the head are also not stripped.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you are in houston, take it to Boosted2.0 his shop is in Sealey. you have some serious issues and probably need a new engine

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
So it sounds like it can't hold an idle and could stall out but doesn't. I would see if there are any pending cods in edition to what real codes show. Also see if you can locate where the knocking is coming from.

How many miles are on the car?

·
Banned
960 Posts
HEADS UP!!! manual celicas tend to idle reallly low. and the engine vibrates. are you positive its a knock? or could it just be the engine at low rpms?

however, if the check engine comes on and says misfire, which cylinder does it say misfires? i recently had this issue with my brothers mazda. he just had a bad spark plug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So it sounds like it can't hold an idle and could stall out but doesn't. I would see if there are any pending cods in edition to what real codes show. Also see if you can locate where the knocking is coming from.

How many miles are on the car?
It has 116xxx miles on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HEADS UP!!! manual celicas tend to idle reallly low. and the engine vibrates. are you positive its a knock? or could it just be the engine at low rpms?

however, if the check engine comes on and says misfire, which cylinder does it say misfires? i recently had this issue with my brothers mazda. he just had a bad spark plug
It's a auto. It's has said random misfire the I have also gotten that 3 of the 4 have misfired but that was when I had bad spark plugs. Now it is just saying random misfire. I'm going to take it to autozone to get the codes tomorrow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts