NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

quick question...my engine light came on in my 2000 GT.
it came on about 5 weeks ago, i brought it in and paid $50 for the guy to tell me that the oxygen sensor was dirty, he sprayed it, and sent me on my way in 10 minutes.

now it is on again. i dont' really want to pay $40 for another 10 minute check, so i was wondering what are the common problems that people have noticed when their check engine lights have come on, and are there some simple ways to tell if it is a serious problem. it seems to drive fine...

thanks in advance.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
There are dozens of things that can be wrong with the car when the CEL pops up. It's definitely a good idea to get the CEL code checked if you want to be positive you're fixing the right part (or to even have a clue on what to check). If you don't want to pay someone to do check it every time, you might want to pick up a code scanner, or even something like CarChip to diagnose the problem yourself.

As for the current CEL, it could possibly be a faulty O2 sensor. Cleaning it coudl've just brought it up to marginal sensitivity. What mods do you have?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yea I work at Autozone man go there and they will read your codes for you and they will go up to their computer put in the code and tell you the information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts