NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I've been doing quite a bit of hunting for this info and most of what I've found is 6+ years old so I'm hoping to get some updated info and possibly some new options.

I'm looking for a stand alone engine management system for a 2000 Celica GT 1zz. The application is to be on a boosted 1zz with a fresh set of internals from MWR and a 83mm bore. I'm looking at around 11psi and am sourcing out many of my parts while the engine undergoes the rebuild (roughly a month before it will be done). I'm snagged at finding a proper stand-alone system, some say just use a piggyback and some say use a full system like the powerfc. I am locked at an under 1500 budget on engine management. I'd be willing to look at cheaper temporary alternatives like aem fic. Typically I'd go for the most reviewed part (the powerfc), however most of the info used on it is several years old and there's many more capable systems available now. Hoping some people have some experience with the newer systems. The car isn't going to be a strict track car and used on the street but I'm no stranger to driving built cars on the street (i live in a smaller city so not much for traffic problems) and it isn't my daily either.

I know there's tons of controversy with building the 1zz up so just save those comments for another thread. I like the 7th gen celica and i want to avoid cutting up any original body parts/firewall since its a mint under 100k body.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts