NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a n00b when it comes to engines so I was wondering if i could get some advice on more performance related parts to buy for my car. I have no engine mods done currently, closest thing would be my CAI and exhaust that starts at my downpipe to the back of the car.

Any info on the first parts to buy would be appreciated...

Thanks,

-Ben

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daily Driver $50 - $2000
Step 1 - Injen CAI (AEM or E-bay w/ Blue bomber mod if you don't intend to continue to step 5 and beyond.)
Step 2- Exhaust - Magnaflow - RSR, something free flowing. TRD is not free flowing.
Step 3 - Ceramic coated PPE race header with NO cat.
If you can't afford PPE then Ceramic coated ported stock header with decat
Step 4 - Lightweight flywheel
1. Got a nice CAI now
2. Have a OBX exhaust which has a really nice flowing design to it, does have some type of a 'cat' but i don't think it'd need to be taken out for how much it restricts the flow of the exhaust... (?)
3. What are some of the decently priced headers (this was my next purchase idea before this original post, how about DC headers?)
4. Lightweight flywheel.... how about a clutch too? like stage 2, or a combo with both of them together?

Thanks a lot,

-Ben

·
"Mega-Giga Bytes Son!"
1,546 Posts
PPE headers are pretty much the best headers out there for the celica i think, and i heard south bend clutches are pretty popular. I know other people will have better suggestions.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
step 1: Intake + Header + Exhaust (small performance gain)
step 2: Basic turbo setup (big performance gain)
step 3: Built turbo setup (biggest performance gain)

*don't bother with piggyback management system, PowerFC is what you want to use to maximize step1~3.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a N/A car, would the PowerFC be much help? Can you get anything tuned better for performance if you just have the basic exhaust/intake and if i get a header?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few more questions i thought of...

1. Thinking of going with Boosted's porting on my stock header, what else should i do while I'm getting that installed in that area?

2. I'm thinking of the TZ south bend clutch after reading a few posts, what ELSE do i need to buy to get this installed and be most beneficial? Like a flywheel and some new bolts??? Sorry i'm so n00b

That's my next 2 plans is, the header and a new clutch setup...

Any suggestions, comments are appreciated

Thanks again

Ben

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
My clutch was replaced with a TZ-SS Southbend clutch w/ Fidanza flywheel.<best<
As far as headers,
seems like for the most gains either the PPE Header which is pricey but well worth it or having boosted port your stock header, which is a nice gain for the price.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My clutch was replaced with a TZ-SS Southbend clutch w/ Fidanza flywheel.<best<
As far as headers,
seems like for the most gains either the PPE Header which is pricey but well worth it or having boosted port your stock header, which is a nice gain for the price.
So if i buy the TZ ad the Fidanza Flywheel, is there anything else i should buy before i take it to the shop?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.