NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently swap my motor (GT to GTS).....and its been a week or so and i have no problems with it until now....its heatin up faster then normal, the handle on the temperature guage would go up to the second highest point which never really happen with my GT motor.....then it would go up to the highest where the "H" or hot is...n i would slow and try to stop but then it went down to normal.......i check my coolant and its fine...but i smell burnt coolant....so i know i got a leak but where?....also wat can i do to stop my engien from overheatin?...does it have anythin to do with radiator? resevior?...fluids?..holes? anythin?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
It's possible that the GT-S reach higher normal operating temperature than the GT and you're still using the GT's thermostat? Just a wild guess......

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx guys but i found out what happen.....my lower radiator hole had a crack on it but it wasnt visible until u take the cover off and the all the holes around it.....my mechanic clamped the holes too hard and it cracked but it was blocked by all the wires and holes so i couldnt see it that well.....but its been fixed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts