NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the talk about dying the interior, should i have my engine plastics painted at the bodyshop or dye them? the thing i'm worried about is color matching since they'll be painted the same color as my car. but on the other hand i think the dying would last longer and hold up better.

also, what about cleaning? if you dye do you still use normal vinyl-type cleaners like vinylex? and if i paint, then how do i clean them?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats another thing. that's doable? if i dye it and don't like it, is it easy to dye another color, or just paint it?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
You can dye or paint over a previous coat of dye. The silver SEM dye I used for my friend's car is incredibly strong, but not shiny. If you're looking for shine, go for paint. If you're looking for durability, go for dye.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm looking for the best match for the engine. i don't know if shine or dull would go best. the silver dye seems to look nice. i just don't kow which will look more natural. i'm hoping if the dye was the same color, it would look like i didn't even do anything. but any difference in color or major difference in shine and i think it'll look like ****.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'd go with dye. This stuff is awesome and easy to do yourself. I posted some pics of my engine plastics in the vinyl dye follow-up thread. Mine are in white but it looks really good. Guy at the toyota dealership asked me if it came stock like that. LOL, dumb toyota employees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts