NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently swapped engine has been acting funny lately. I swapped my gt for the gts and the engine was running great for about 2 weeks and then i started to notice that i was burning oil for some reason. So one day when i was messing around with it to see what the problem was i took off the oil cap and noticed that there was some serious pressure under the valve cover. I tried to make a quick fix by drilling a hole on the top of the cap so that the pressure had somewhere to go. Originally i had thought that i blew a valve cover gasket because there was oil coming out of the cover's seam. so i took it off to make sure and the gasket was fine, and replaced it anyway. but the biggest problem that ive noticed and cannot pinpoint is why the car isnt performing so well in the mid RPM range - from the upper 2's to the 4's. Usually i can feel the vvt in first to third gears but now it kind of just putts into the next gear. im thinking its either the intake or the vvt. the reason i think its the intake is because the short ram intake i have is from my gt and the vacuum lines are a little funky if that makes sense. and ive heard some bad things about the vvt and toyota's engines. post back ASAP if you can help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts