NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently today I found out that there might be a chance that I blew out a barring in my engine or something. I was away with my car all summer and never got a chance to get my oil changed. In short, I was driving today up the parkway after getting gas and I heard a rattling noise so I turned around and came home. Later in the day, I found that i had almost no oil and I was told I could have possibly ruined a ball berring in my engine.

The guy who told me isn't a mechanic now but worked with cars a lot years ago before he became disabled. His dad also was a mechanic, and the guy is a close family friend so its not like he was trying to get money from me since he wouldn't do any work on the car anyway. He said he can't say it for definite, but its a good possibility.

Basically the clammering I hear sounds like a rock is rolling around in my engine and it gets louder as I get higher in RPMs. After re-filling my oil, the sound seemed to disappear at low RPMs but was still there as I got higher.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what else it could be?

Otherwise, can anyone give me the name of a place that won't rape me to get my car fixed? I'm still on a loan for the car and I've dumped tons of money into it already to just junk it.

Thanks in advance.

-Shane

PS.: If it means anything, its an auto GT.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Could be. If you need a rebuild it will get seriously expensive if you hit a dealer. Trust me, I speak from experience. Hit up World Motorsports here in Reading, PA. They specialize in high performance hand rebuilds of cars. Their love is Toyotas and they race Celicas professionally, so you know you are going to the right guys.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for the suggestion. My car goes into a local shop today for evaluation. I've been going to these guys for years and they're the type of people who will tell you straight up if they cant fix it and they wont try screwing you over. They'll tell diagnose the car and wont charge you a dime. I'm just praying it isnt bad ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts