NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Just to be clear, is he swapping a 03' engine into his '00 car or a '00 engine in his '03 car.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
See, that's an important bit of info. If his '03 has air injection (not all of the '03 have it) you'll run into problems as the '00 engine doesn't have the ports for air injection on the exhaust side of the head. You'd have to see how to bypass this. The knock sensor on the block is also different so you'd have to use the '03 knock sensor on the '00 block. There are more bits and pieces also but most are minor.

Of course none of this is an issue if the '00 engine come with all the supporting bits such as complete harness and ECU.

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
You wouldn't happen to know if it's the same story with an '02 Celica would you? I am swapping in an engine from a 2001 and I am curious if I will need to track down an '02 knock sensor. (I am keeping the 2002 ECU).

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys
the engine comes complete with ECU harness throttle body everything under the hood..
so it would be an easy swap is what I'm getting from the info
PLS correct me if I'm wrong
thanks again guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.