NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the spark plug out it wasnt cross threaded unlike the dealership said. They sold me a defective plug or the wrong one. Cause the piston was slapping the spark plug and crushing in into the center. So I called Toyota Of America and they called the dealership cause they didnt want to work on it becuase they said that didnt cover the warranty. O well the sold me either a defective spark plug or the wrong one. Anyway I go back to talk to the Manager this friday to see what they'll do about this matter. Maybe ill tell them after the engine gets back that my tranmission got messed up cause third gear always grinds. Or maybe theyll see that after they take it aroudn the block after they fix the engine and fix that :bang:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Don't count on them "finding" other things to fix. No warranty service is going to do that. You have to tell them what is wrong, they will look into it. If they agree, they will "try" to fix it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Runnemede toyota

·
Registered
792 Posts
yeah even if you do tell them a problem they just say "could not duplicate problem

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Originally posted by dmaxd03
yeah even if you do tell them a problem they just say "could not duplicate problem
this is something dealership mechanics learn at dealership mechanics school. no matter how obvious the problem is, they can't hear, feel, tell, see, sense the problem because they don't want to work on it. doesn't make sense to me though, cause they get paid either way. toyota pays them for warranty work. in this case however, you'll prolly have a hard time cause they just plain screwed up (also from dealership mechanics school) so it will come out of their pockets

1 - 6 of 6 Posts