NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew a rod bearing about 2 weeks ago. I fixed that last night and it's doing the same thing it did before. I think in driving it to see if the problem was fixed something happened to the crank and the head if anyone knows what i should do please let me know. And if you could tell me how much a motor and a head for my car please let me know.

·
Registered
834 Posts
What is it doing?

was there any damage to the crankshaft when the rod bearing blew? did you measure to make sure the clearance is to specs when you re-fitted everything?

·
Registered
209 Posts
A new short block from the dealer , if I remember correctly is around 1700-2000, atleast that's the quote that I got from the dealer (just parts). The head comes blank and costs $700. You can find used engines for about 1200-1500 complete with supposedly less than 30K miles. I spun a rod bearing in my GT and was freaking out when one dealer quoted me $6000 (parts and labor) luckily I took it to another dealer and it was done under warranty, the first dealer was just looking to rip me off from the word go. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts