NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i will be entering my first car show next week. Any suggestions on how i should present my car???
Thanks in advance.... Chris

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ah yes, the 03 season has finally began! My first carshow (of this season) is next Saturday. As its been said clean every square inch. I'm not talking about give it a good wash job, wax it, and clean your interior (which is still important.) Clean EVERYTHING places that judges look include: Firewall, trunk/bed, door seals, the hindges on your doors. After you wax/polish/seal your paint be sure that there are no wax or anything like that left on the car, make sure your engine is clean and the underside of your hood, clean your fender wells and the insides of your wheels. Just because you cant see an area doesnt mean the judges will not look at it. Literally clean everything. I have been told by several judges that 90% of carshows is how clean your ride is. At some carshows the judges give you a score card to put on your ride and when they come around they take the paper they give you a score on the areas that are listed on the paper. This is basically like handing you a test before you take it. Look at the score card and see what they are grading on and see to it that the area is clean. Bring detailing supplies! Also the night before, get a friend or someone to help you clean your ride two sets of eyes are better than one and he or she may see something that you have missed. Also, its not a bad idea to bring one of those fold up camping chairs to chill out in during the show. A cooler is a good idea too because it gets hot after awhile on the showfield.

At one of my first carshows (I was showing a custom 1994 GMC Sonoma) I had a shaved back end with 98 Toyota Supra tail lights, 18" Edge Concepts Y2K 223 wheels on 40 series tires. A guy with an almost stock Chevy Extreme (had clear tail-lights and a billet antenna only!) beat me out. I thought WTF is this about? Then I found out that this guy had just bought this truck about 3 days before the show and spent like 20 minutes screwing his new tail lights in and his antenna (it still had the dealer tire black on the tires.) The only reason he beat me was cleaniness. So Ive never made that mistake again! Remember, if you dont win a trophy dont get down hearted. Use it as a motavation to make your ride better or do something different at the next show. Carshows are about fellowship between people that have a love for vehicles talk to them and you'll learn alot. Good luck! Let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Mistrimeat said:
Clean every square inch of it!
:werd:

Get to the show early so that it will give you enough time to clean. Some people come really early and wax their car, take their wheels out to clean it inside out and to clean the wheel wells also. Clean the inside of your exhaust tip:thumbup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Does anyone by chance have a picture of the scorecard that Black00GTS mentioned? Any card is ok, just want a general idea.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
The main places judges check are in your wheel well and the undersides of your body kit..make sure those are cleaned really well along w/ the insides of your rims. Bring a bottle of quick detailer w/ you also, you'll go through most of it through out the day!! I just entered my first show 2 weeks ago and took 1st!! Good Luck

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
jsut make sure to clean inside of you wheel. some judges touch every single thing...oh yeah, and also, go to some self car wash and pay like 50 cents to spray your whole engine down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts