NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am thinking about getting a tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust, cause the gains are only like .2 off from the TRD but my local shop now has a new special on these "Estelir Exhausts." They are a new company form japan supposedly and they claim it outputs more HP than the Tanabe and looks and sounds around the same meaning that has the same power as the TRD if not more. Have you guys heard of this? The Tanabe I can get for 500 and the Estelir for 475 at a promotion. What do you think i should go with? Any inputs would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I just swapped my TSRM for the Espelir JGT500 in the post that aerospike2002 is talking about. ;)

I'd say that it depends on what you're looking for. The JGT500 is an EXCELLENT exhaust in my opinion, but it IS slightly louder than the Tanabe. Still, I don't imagine it reaches illegal db levels.

The canisters are slightly different, but otherwise the two exhausts are very similar. I haven't dyno'd the new exhaust, so I can't give you a definite "which is better" determination power-wise, but the car feels about the same with either exhaust.

Overall, a good option. Espelir also offers a FULL TITANIUM version of this exhaust, but the price tag is over $1k.

...and Espelir isn't a new company. They've been in JGTC racing for a long time, but until now have been known mostly for their aftermarket suspension products. This exhaust line is completely new tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts