NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I wanna buy celica for installing stage2/3 turbo with internals on it.
I'm searching gts for 1 month right now, but its hard to find it in my country :shrugs:
Yesterday i found europe version celica GT. It has 6-spd transmission (as GTS), all 4 wheels disc brakes, full automatic climate control etc.
Is it much more slower, than GTS? Maybe it's more harder to turbo it?
What other differences from GTS it have (except lift)?

Sorry for my english

·
Banned
65 Posts
Hi, I asked the same question but only concerning the motor. The GT-S motor has approximately 40 more horses than the GT. I think if you want more horsepower go with a GT-S. I think the GT-S is just a two-seater two but I may be wrong. Who knows, I'm a noob.
Heres the link to a more detail look between the two engines:
http://www.newcelica.org/
If that doesn't work, than go to "Newbie zone" and "A real newbie question"
Hope this helps
:faint:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
the GT is easier to turbo on stock internals, but the GT-S would be a better choice if you build the internals. And both are 4 seaters. Also, I didn't know any GTs came OEM with 4 wheel discs and 6 speed trannies

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
BHam00GT-S said:
the GT is easier to turbo on stock internals, but the GT-S would be a better choice if you build the internals. And both are 4 seaters. Also, I didn't know any GTs came OEM with 4 wheel discs and 6 speed trannies
Yup Toyota screwed the GT here in the US with a 5spd and drum rear brakes.

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
X-axis said:
Yes, i know about valve lift :)
But how about all other diff's, not engine
as far as the euro spec celica probably nothing other than the gear ratios of the 6spds and the engine itself.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Euro GT-S had traction and skid control. Not sure if they were options or standard. Probably also had navigation as an option, as well as better stereos.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Makes me wonder what Toyota has against the American market; maybe they feel it to be less sophisticated, or easier to please.

·
Registered
194 Posts
we are way easier to please. look at there cellphones. if we get a camera phone we are happy in europe they need at least 3 megapixels for the phone to be cool.

·
Registered
57 Posts
drinkingmymilk said:
we are way easier to please. look at there cellphones. if we get a camera phone we are happy in europe they need at least 3 megapixels for the phone to be cool.
not quite but I see your point. Aesthetics usually win over functionality, RAZR V3 as a prime example. :bling:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
2zzTahara said:
Makes me wonder what Toyota has against the American market; maybe they feel it to be less sophisticated, or easier to please.
drinkingmymilk said:

Toyota and every other automaker is just like that. Have you seen Fords European cars? The Euro Focus is kick ass, better than the Mazda3. Even Cadillac has a Diesel over there.

Technology over there is way ahead of the scale too. In Europe, analog TV is a thing of the past, and has been for years, here it won't be like that for another couple of years.

The problem is complacency and infrastructure. American's for the most part are sheltered within the US. Most Americans couldn't tell you a name of a car company outside of the US, they couldn't even tell you who the leader of a country is other than Bush.

Infrastructure is another problem. With soo many people living soo far away it is hard. Europe and Japan have it much easier because everything is encapsulated in an area the size of Texas or smaller.

Car manufacturers abroad also face a more discerning customer that won't settle for a sunroof and power windows, or a car that looks fast. Bluetooth and navigation have been around overseas for way longer than we have. But then you get back onto the subject of infrastructure.

End Rant.

·
Registered
419 Posts
techgeekwill said:
Technology over there is way ahead of the scale too. In Europe, analog TV is a thing of the past, and has been for years, here it won't be like that for another couple of years.
Technically analog TV is suppost to stop Jan 1, 2007... so in a little over 6 months

·
Registered
62 Posts
drinkingmymilk said:

Not every one is easy to please
I my self bought a k750i with a 2.0 megapixel camara
you may be woundering what the heck is that
its a Sony Ericsson phone not abailable in the US at least not when I got it, 3.0 megapixels where unheard of in a phone even in europe when i got it, i got it for the small price of $449.00 USD plus shipping and bought a 1GB Memorystick Pro Duo for $60...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts