NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
do i need a datalogit box to run a wideband if i only have a power fc with commander?????
also can i just remove one of my stock o2 sensor's to use for my wideband one????

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I use this setup
0 V = 9 A/F
5 V = 16 A/F
for one year and I don't have any problem...

This setup is more accurate
of
0v = 7.35
5v = 22.39
For anyone still reading this thread, this is a good point. There is a recommended setup but what actually works is not always the same. If you have any stray voltage on the line or the sensor is not putting out voltage exactly as specified, you'll end up with logged AFR's very different than what's on the gauge. You need to tweak the auxiliary setup in FC Edit to make the logged and displayed values match.

The way I do this is open up a chart of AFR and let it log in realtime. You should do this with the car parked and fully warmed up so you can play with the laptop, or have someone else do it while you're driving. Watch the chart and compare it to what you're seeing on the gauge. Tweak the setup values until they both match. I don't remember off-hand, but I think I ended up with a value of like 0.036V = 10 AFR and 5.036V = 20 AFR on my AEM UEGO.

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts
Jesse,something relevant:I bought the car used w/ the PFC on and tuned.I am almost near in fitting a PPE header and custom exhaust and I bought the datalogit yesterday.How can I extract the settings from my PFC and tune it further more?I read the "how to PFC" at this point but I didn't catch that part...

Thanks in advance!

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts
The way I do this is open up a chart of AFR and let it log in realtime. You should do this with the car parked and fully warmed up so you can play with the laptop, or have someone else do it while you're driving. Watch the chart and compare it to what you're seeing on the gauge. Tweak the setup values until they both match. I don't remember off-hand, but I think I ended up with a value of like 0.036V = 10 AFR and 5.036V = 20 AFR on my AEM UEGO.
Good idea!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use this setup
0 V = 9 A/F
5 V = 16 A/F
for one year and I don't have any problem...

This setup is more accurate
of
0v = 7.35
5v = 22.39
It all depends on how you setup the wideband output signal.
On the LC-1 it is changeble through the software.
Make sure what is set in the software matches the gauge/datalogger signal.

·
Registered
582 Posts
No,you need it for logging and tuning.And you can use your first stock O2 sensor position if you turn off the feedback from your PFC.
So this is basically saying that I can remove my factory O2 sensor and put my wideband sensor in instead since I have the ability to turn off the reading of the stock O2 sensor from my Power Commander?

Are there any downfalls to this? I don't tune the car myself, so I want to make sure I'm not going to run into any problems later on if I remove my stock O2 sensor.

I plan on installing my Innovate LC-1 tomorrow, so this could save me time and money if I can do it this way over taking my car to an exhaust shop and having them weld in my bung. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I do not know much but the shop I installed wideband told me I will get CEL with stock ECU if I put wideband instead of O2. No harm otherwise. If you have Power FC I would assume you are good to go...

·
Registered
582 Posts
I do not know much but the shop I installed wideband told me I will get CEL with stock ECU if I put wideband instead of O2. No harm otherwise. If you have Power FC I would assume you are good to go...
That's basically the answer I've read too, but I'd really like to know 100% before I do it like that...hmm

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts
So this is basically saying that I can remove my factory O2 sensor and put my wideband sensor in instead since I have the ability to turn off the reading of the stock O2 sensor from my Power Commander?

Are there any downfalls to this? I don't tune the car myself, so I want to make sure I'm not going to run into any problems later on if I remove my stock O2 sensor.
Correct!

You will probably sacrifice some economy on constant cruising...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heya guys Love the info on here

I have a JZA70 supra with a Power FC Pro I am going to tune
I have a small prob thow I am using the AEM wideband with the gauge and wired into the dataloger
I have played with the calabration settings in the auxiliarys menu I can get it to match the gauge at low AFR's but as I get into the high 15's and into the 16's the loged numbers are higher than the guage ?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts