NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Off the subject a bit...

I havent seen it in person, but from all the pictures people have been posting, it looks like a really cheaply made car. Like the car wasnt made with very high quality parts or something. For example, when seeing all the pics of the wrx sti, it looks like a $30K+ car. The Evo looks like a 24K car to me. Not that any of it really matters, but if im gonna pay 30+ for a car, I expect it to look like a quality car.

I guess I have to go check it out sometime.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Redline said:
Off the subject a bit...

I havent seen it in person, but from all the pictures people have been posting, it looks like a really cheaply made car. Like the car wasnt made with very high quality parts or something. For example, when seeing all the pics of the wrx sti, it looks like a $30K+ car. The Evo looks like a 24K car to me. Not that any of it really matters, but if im gonna pay 30+ for a car, I expect it to look like a quality car.

I guess I have to go check it out sometime.
Ive sat into an EVO at my local dealership. From what I can see, its basically a lancer inside and out. The interior looks cheap, the gauge says lancer, they could have at least change that to "evolution" like the STi.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
mitsubishi is letting the hype sell the car..... they know people want it.... they can cut corners and still people will want it. IMO the people that buy the evo now are getting cheated.

the Sti will eat it for breakfast.

for those who got it already, please dont flame me.... honest opinion... still a damn fast car... but could and should be better

·
Registered
252 Posts
A Lancer is derived from an economy car, what do you expect? They are nice enough to have MOMO, Brembo, Recaro, HID as std. eqiupment. Same holds true for the Impreza WRX. I would prefer a Legacy B4 over either car for overall compromise if such car is available here. For 30K, I would rather buy a used NSX. At least the dashboard looks like or perhaps is made from leather.

$30K is the MSRP, $28 is the invoice. I would think the Celica is a cheaply built car too at $26K MSRP.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Dealer Xing said:
A Lancer is derived from an economy car, what do you expect? They are nice enough to have MOMO, Brembo, Recaro, HID as std. eqiupment. Same holds true for the Impreza WRX. I would prefer a Legacy B4 over either car for overall compromise if such car is available here. For 30K, I would rather buy a used NSX. At least the dashboard looks like or perhaps is made from leather.

$30K is the MSRP, $28 is the invoice. I would think the Celica is a cheaply built car too at $26K MSRP.
where did you get 26k? More like 22-23k. And were talking about new cars, not used. Not everyone likes to buy used sports cars/coupes because you know people drive them hard.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dealer Xing said:

An used NSX for $30k?! Brand new those things are around the $80,000 mark. Damn, they don't hold their value for sh!t then, I guess...

Celicas around here (GT-S versions) are priced $25,000 fully loaded and brand new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.