NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do i have to break in my stage 2 exedy cerametallic clutch?
My mechanic told me if i was using the organic that i would need to break it in for the clutch disc to mate to the pressure plate but since i have the cerametallic i dont need to break it in. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
i have the stage 1, but no matter what kind of clutch it is , its always safe to break it in. exedy recommends 750~1000 mile break in period

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by Seven-Of-Nine
Why can't a clutch be beded in like new brake pads a series of 8 or 10 stops at 40mph to a slow roll 1 or 2 mph (no stop) equilly spaced out over 2 miles. Know this is a poor example, just kinda curious about the clutch. 750~1000 miles does seem a very long time.
750~1000 miles is the recommended mileage according to the instructions that came with my clutch. and for the brake pad example , can't really answer that with my knowledge, sorry

Originally posted by Menacing
so....lets say the car was launched already......how would that affect the clutch at present?
should be fine, i did that with my clutch a couple times as well but with 3000miles on it so far , no problems with the clutch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts