NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
yes...but try it anyway and see what you get...maybe it'll be pre-worn out for ya, slipping already and everything.

But seriously im not too sure about it, i would just buy it from a more reputable company if your worried about it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
At that price it looks like you'll be getting the exedy/daiken oem replacement clutch. I bought my exedy oem clutch from gripforce for about 130 shipped. The ebay page looks pretty much exact to what i got.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Phatsprinter said:
He is a 99.9 feedback cant go wrong with that.
but what if he's the .01 percent that gets screwed, how bad would that suck...I have a feeling it'd be somethin like this... :eslap:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
anything is better than oem lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm looking at the first link you posted to the ebay auction and is it just me or am i seeing a "gripforce stage 1" clutch and no exedy clutch. If u search gripforce clutch you'll see a couple threads of some clutch failures of gripforce's own clutch line and their shoddy quality.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I seem to remember SleepGT having lots of troubles with his Exedy/Gripforce clutch. Do a quick search in the F/I and you'll find it. He was boosting at a really low psi when 'his went ****ty.

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey guys...not sure if its a rip off but i bought from these guys befor on ebay...came in about a week cause im from hawaii...i dont think its a rip off but who knows...just letting you guys know that i did buy from them and they give fast service...although it wasent a clutch for my celica it was for my civic...just my 2 cents

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
GT211 said:
I seem to remember SleepGT having lots of troubles with his Exedy/Gripforce clutch. Do a quick search in the F/I and you'll find it. He was boosting at a really low psi when 'his went ****ty.
Boosting will do that. The stage one is for like a 15% increase over stock, its not meant for turbo.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gripforce is only the vendor that markets their own line of clutch, and also sells Exedy (Daiken). There have been posts of the Gripforce stage one failing. The Exedy oem grade is a quality replacement clutch (which I purchased through Gripforce), and has held up well the last 30,000+ miles daily driving, and the ocassional clutch slipping high RPM launch. This is in no way a performance upgrade, only a new quality unit. If you beat on your car a lot and intend on keeping it for over a year, get a stage 1 or better. My $0.02

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've got Exedy Stage 1 and it doesn't look quite like that.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Gripforce also makes their own set of clutches...which use a remanufactured OEM pressure plate (which is why it's so cheap).

Gripforce SELLS Exedy, but unlike Gripforce's own line of clutches Exedy uses all newly manufactured parts in it's clutch kits.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, i think ima sell this crap once i get it. 100 shiped. or put it on ebay. thanks guys.

southbend, here i come!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts