NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a new universal magnaflow exhuast installed the other day and it seems like it was positioned a little too close to my rear skirt... anyhow i can see the paint starting to bubble a bit, and i know before long its going to burn out a piece out of the rear skirt. anyone know of, or where i could find a material to stick onto the underside of the rear skirt? something that could act as somewhat of a heatshield (obviously not a metalic material as it would only help conduct the heat)

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
As a temp. fix you could probably get some longer rubber exhaust hangers at AutoZone and rig it up until you could make it back to the place that installed it originally. At least it wont keep getting worse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the muffler was welded in place... so its not a quick adjustment that i could do in a couple of minutes... and furthurmore it looks very clean where it is... i didnt really want it sticking out much or really any lower than it is... what i was looking for is something that i could stick to either the top (unseen portion) of the muffler or the bottom (unseen portion) of my rear skirt that would absorb the heat instead of my body kit absorbing it for me. i dont remember exactly what it was, but i remember some heat resistant stuff that some people would put on thier custom made headers to keep them cool over in the altimas.net forums... dont exactly remember what it was tho, or where i could find something like that... anyhow, all ideas are welcome

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i shouldve taken action a long time ago.... if i did my kam rear would not have a cchunk burnt off... adjust the hangers or get some one to bend the pipe slightly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts