NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which is the best exhaust as far as performance for the celica gts 6 spd. I currently have a injen racing division cold air intake and am tunin my exhaust.. any suggestions.. I won't have a bodykit and i don' t want the exhaust to look ricey.. I'm thinkin TRD standard, Greddy Evo, or Tanabe Racin Med.. I need input THANKS.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
TRD or Veilside!

Had both on my GT, Loved them both!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have TRD its great. But Im thinking about going custom or Veilside for weight savings. Does anyone know where i can get the Veilside at a good deal?

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
RACERGTS2000 said:
I have TRD its great. But Im thinking about going custom or Veilside for weight savings. Does anyone know where i can get the Veilside at a good deal?
Hmm.. well.. first of all.. Veilside is hard to get around..
I haven't tried TRD, but I'm very happy with Veilside..
I think there is very little difference in power gain from TRD and Veilside..
But veilside is very light.... and I think veil side has good torque gain from my butt dyno...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
EzRidA said:
Custom. :chuckles:
Dan's Celi (ExRidA) is a freak...don't pay too much attention to him.

Go TRD...or wait for a dyno on the Fujitsubo Legalis R...

Usman

j/k Dan...so has the "event" with slowjetta occurred yet? I haven't seen any posts about it... if not, good luck...

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Not, yet. He's been stalling for time. He wants to race me with a FMIC and drag radials. Looks like I'll be stripping my car out at this pace.

I'm not a freak. :wtc:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
haha...I didn't mean you, I meant your car...but in a good way. Still the strongest '02 Celi with i/e...

Anyway, what the hells wrong with this jetta kid? Why the hell does he need drag radials if he wants to race you from a roll?

Dude, I say you call him out at their next meet...he was talking all that sh!t and now he's backing out...don't any of his boys see the problem with him wanting to further mod his car before racing you?

Anyway, any plans to get another mod...possibly the Trial header? :D And has R tried to disconnect his O2 sensor to see if that made a difference for him compared to you?

Usman

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Yea, we're gonna do a dyno before and after with the o2 sensor off. No more mods for a while. Need to save money for school this summer since I'm moving.

As for the Jetta. He saw what happened from a roll with me, so now he wants to race it from a stop with drag radials.

1. He has more TQ.
2. He'll have twice as much traction as me.

Of course he's gonna win. I really don't care. I find it funny that he needs to spend another 1k plus what ever he's spent now to beat my 400 bux worth of mods. Makes me feel good. They fear me now. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I love my Apex-i N1. the look and the sound i think is a little more aggressive then the TRD. I've heard TRD, RMM and the N1 and i picked the N1... i did a review check it out.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
EzRidA said:
Yea, we're gonna do a dyno before and after with the o2 sensor off. No more mods for a while. Need to save money for school this summer since I'm moving.

As for the Jetta. He saw what happened from a roll with me, so now he wants to race it from a stop with drag radials.

1. He has more TQ.
2. He'll have twice as much traction as me.

Of course he's gonna win. I really don't care. I find it funny that he needs to spend another 1k plus what ever he's spent now to beat my 400 bux worth of mods. Makes me feel good. They fear me now. :)
Haha, if the O2 sensor thing works, I have a feeling a lot of people will start to do it...just disconnect the CEL and O2 sensor and get ~10whp, lol...

I'd probably do it :burnout:

Usman

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you want performance, Kazuma is the way to go. Pretty big hp gains. It is made by TRD with a strait through race design. No muffler. It is loud but worth it for the hp gains and the price was good too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts