NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not looking for really crazy numbers with my C2 kit. I know a custom exhaust would be more efficient etc, but would it be ok to run my TRD exhaust with the turbo?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
my first exhaust was a crush bent 3in downpipe back for $99. sure it was crush bent, but was 3in. you can live with the trd, but it will be restrictive.

now im breathing good with my c2 exhaust.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
get a custom 3" from the turbo back. anything else will be restrictive.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I add that later and retune it? Plus I'm not really looking for kazuma loud.... I need new tires as well.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
they won't be as loud as you think because the turbo will be in the way, it will still be kinda loud though. I would wait on it and ifyou want more power, get it.

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
i was just readign the HKS hi power exhaust page and it was stating that it was meant for turbo and NA applications, is that true?

·
Registered
34 Posts
^^try anything 2.5" to 3" piping and you will get some of the exhaust note back alongside better torque. again, backpressure is your going to be your worst enemy because you are adding a turbo to an originally n/a car

·
Registered
34 Posts
60mm and up is going to be perfect. 55mm is probably going to be wayyy too restrictive so I would stay away from that. You need to remember that this car came stock w/o a turbo so its originally relying on backpressure. going to 60mm is going to create a less restritive flow. so yea, you will be ok with this

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They mentioned something about whipping up an exhaust there. I'll have to see how much its going to be. I like the TRD in that you can creep home at 3am and not wake the whole damn neighborhood. :D

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I'm currently running a 2.75 straight pipe with a hi flow cat and an Apexi n1 turbo muffler, sounds just like the TRD at low rpms...up top all I hear is my motor/wastegate.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Hows this 3" high flow cat?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/powercat.htm

Turbos have the best hp gain per dollar, so I'll be considering getting one in the future. I can pass emissions with a strait pipe here in NY through a connection...but I'm considering a 3" high flow cat just for the sake of passing a visual inspection & making a little less noise. To those who have a 3" high flow cat, which one do you use? Which one's the best?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
The HKS is an excellent exhaust - have one on my alltrc - 3" straight through no baffles :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.